Drunken Brussel Sprouts. How to prune your Brussels sprouts for a bigger yield! Try Ina Garten's classic Roasted Brussels Sprouts recipe from Barefoot Contessa on Food Network. Sauteed Brussel Sprouts are finally taking their place in the side dish spotlight because they are so How to Trim Brussel Sprouts.
When they came to the table I knew I had to have them. Individual sprouts: Brussels sprouts sold by the pound are what you find most often at the market. A wide variety of brussel sprouts options are available to you, such as hybrid. You can have Drunken Brussel Sprouts using 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Drunken Brussel Sprouts
- Prepare 2 lb of brussel sprouts; root end trimmed.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of rum.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of onion powder.
- It’s 2 tsp of garlic powder.
- You need 3/4 cup of brown sugar.
- You need 4 tbsp of butter; cubed.
- It’s 1 of olive oil; as needed.
- You need 1 of salt and white pepper.
This version of roasted Brussels sprouts is a little different than normal. I bought them still on the stalk and just roasted it up all at once in the oven. You can easily cut them off once roasted or leave them. Add brussels sprouts, season with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring frequently, until caramelized Toss your Brussel sprouts with the oil, salt & pepper in a bowl.
Drunken Brussel Sprouts instructions
- Heat a large saute pan with enough oil to cover the bottom..
- Add brussel sprouts and dried spices. Toss. Saute on medium low heat until nearly tender, but still tough..
- Add 2 tablespoons of butter and brown sugar. Toss. Saute briefly until butter is incorporated..
- Carefully add rum. Watch for flames. Don't freak out if you have a huge flame, it will cook out. This probably wont happen unless excess oil and/or alcohol partially contact burner flame..
- Cook until alcohol is evaporated or until brussels are caramelized and fork tender, about 5-7 minutes..
- Toss with remaining butter if desired..
- Variations; Bacon, maple syrup, pecans, walnuts, sweet potatoes, mustard, bourbon, squash, shallots.
You are just using enough oil at this. Oven Roasted Brussel Sprouts Have A Perfectly Crispy Outside, And A Melt-In-Your-Mouth Center. Brussels sprouts with honey and mustard is a deliciously different way to cook your sprouts and tastes especially good served with pan-fried steak. See more ideas about New baby products, Baby stuff pregnancy, Baby love. Find brussel sprouts stock images in HD and millions of other royalty-free stock photos, illustrations and vectors in the Shutterstock collection.