Ingredients of Chicken Tajine
- It’s of Chicken , cut into pieces.
- Prepare of Onions , chopped coarsely.
- Prepare of Red Peppers , cut into pieces.
- It’s of Garlic , chopped.
- Prepare of Ginger , chopped.
- Prepare of Potatoes , cut into pieces.
- You need of Tomatoes , peeled.
- You need of Curry powder , spicy.
- It’s of Cumin.
- It’s of Honey.
- You need of Vegetable broth , concentrated , Litre.
- Prepare of Almonds , peeled , chopped coarsely.
- You need of Raisins.
- Prepare of Saffron.
- Prepare of Olive oil.
- You need of Oil for frying (e.g. sunflower, peanut, canola).
- Prepare of Salt ,.
- It’s of Pepper ,.
Chicken Tajine instructions
- Water the clay pot if needed (use a traditional tajine pot that fits in your oven or a similar suitable clay pot with a cover, even a covered glassware pot might do). Preheat oven to 175C..
- Gently roast the chicken pieces in the frying oil. Put them in the clay pot, leave the oil in the pan..
- Gently roast the onions, red peppers, garlic, ginger and potatoes in the pan..
- Add tomatoes, curry, cumin, honey, vegetable broth, almonds, raisins and saffron, let simmer for a few minutes. Taste and add salt or pepper if needed. The chicken is unsalted so far, so the vegetable mixture can be just a little bit salty..
- Pour the vegetable mixture over the chicken, sprinkle with the olive oil. Cover the clay pot..
- Bake in the oven for about 45 minutes or until the chicken pieces and the potatoes are done. Serve with rice or pita bread..