Mike's Chicken Fajitas. I made some chicken and beef fajitas for dinner. Seasoned with my One Two Three Salsa Mix it tasted great. I hope you enjoy the video and please.
We can thank the cuisine of Tex-Mex for the classic fajita. Originally, the term referred to a grilled strip of meat served in a tortilla. Try our easy chicken fajitas recipe seasoned with zesty authentic Mexican seasonings, perfect for Cinco de Mayo! You can cook Mike's Chicken Fajitas using 42 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Mike's Chicken Fajitas
- Prepare of ● For The Chicken Brine [2 hour brine].
- Prepare of Kosher Salt.
- Prepare of Granulated Sugar.
- It’s of Granulated Garlic Powder.
- It’s of Granulated Onion Powder.
- Prepare of Ground Cumin.
- It’s of Black Pepper Corns.
- It’s of ● For The Protein.
- You need of Fat Free Skinless Chicken Breasts [thinned 2" stripped].
- You need of ● For The Vegetables.
- You need of Cilantro [reserve half].
- You need of Red Onions [julienned].
- You need of White Onions [julienned].
- It’s of Jalapeños [reserve one for guacamole].
- Prepare of LG Green Red & Yellow Bell Pepper [julienned].
- You need of Fresh Flour Tortillas.
- You need of ● For The Fajita Seasonings.
- It’s of Chili Powder.
- It’s of Granulated Onion Powder.
- Prepare of Granulated Garlic Powder.
- You need of Fresh Ground Black Pepper.
- You need of Granulated Sugar.
- It’s of Cayenne Pepper.
- You need of Ground Cumin.
- It’s of Salt.
- It’s of Corn Starch [+ = parts water – to thicken].
- Prepare of Chicken Broth.
- Prepare of Fresh Minced Garlic.
- You need of ● For The Guacamole.
- You need of LG Fresh Avocados.
- It’s of Tomatoes [diced].
- Prepare of Minced White Onions.
- It’s of Paprika.
- It’s of Minced Garlic.
- You need of ● For The Options/Sides [as needed].
- It’s of Sour Cream.
- It’s of Red Salsa.
- It’s of Green Salsa.
- You need of Lime Wedges.
- Prepare of Shreadded Mexican 3 Cheeses.
- Prepare of Jumbo Tiger Shrimp.
- It’s of Porterhouse Steak.
Looking for an easy chicken fajita recipe for an infusion of Mexican flavor at home? Marinated chicken, seared to perfection and served with smoky charred peppers and onions on flour tortillas. And whilst the fajita-spiced chicken and veggies are the main event. Chicken Fajitas are a crowd-pleasing dinner recipe that's equally perfect for busy weeknights and larger parties.
Mike's Chicken Fajitas instructions
- Trim any fat from your chicken breasts..
- Cube your chicken into 2" strips and brine your chicken in ice cold water for 2 hours..
- Next, fry your thin chicken strips with seasonings and a splash of beer or broth for 5 minutes tightly covered. You'll want to essentially steam your chicken and its seasonings..
- Add to chopped vegetables and fry under sealed lid for 5 minutes longer..
- Serve your fajitas on a sizzling hot cast iron skillet like this..
- Serve fajitas with sides of salas, sour cream & homemade quacamole..
- These are the TexMex Bento Boxes my students put together for the women's shelter..
- Stack em' and pack em' any way you choose!.
- Or, enjoy these with Porterhouse steak strips or jumbo shrimp!.
- Season and grill a Porterhouse steak and slice into thin strips..
- Jumbo Tiger Shrimp pictured. Fry 4 minutes turning once or, until pink/red in color..
- Serve with any of the options listed above and ice cold Mexican beers in frosty thick mugs. Enjoy!.
It's such an easy, flavorful meal! Chicken fajitas are a very popular meal in my house. From start to finish, these fajitas should take. Sizzling hot chicken fajitas are what dinner dreams are made of. Tender chicken, sweet bell peppers, and punchy onion mingle with spicy jalapeños and limes for a lively chicken dinner made out of.