Memphis Style BBQ Sauce. This "Memphis-style" is my favorite to make at home—it takes the aspects of sweet tomato-based sauces I grew up on, but by dialing back the sugar and amping up the vinegar, creates a sauce where seasonings and spice are. Memphis Style BBQ Sauce is a kid-friendly barbecue sauce with the perfect balance between tangy and sweet. Now down over Memphis, there is a Memphis BBQ Sauce is thinner than a Kansas City style sauce since there is no tomato paste and a lot more vinegar.
After it's prepared, you can store the sauce in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to one week. The secret is in the sauce. The secret is in the sauce. You can cook Memphis Style BBQ Sauce using 14 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Memphis Style BBQ Sauce
- It’s 2 tbsp of unsalted butter.
- Prepare 1 of small onion, chopped finely.
- You need 2 of garlic cloves, minced.
- Prepare 2 cup of tomato ketchup.
- You need 1/2 cup of cider vinegar.
- You need 1/3 cup of rice vinegar.
- It’s 1/3 cup of molasses.
- It’s 3 tbsp of worcestershire sauce.
- It’s 2 tbsp of brown sugar.
- It’s 2 tsp of dry mustard.
- You need 1 tsp of red hot sauce.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of ground black pepper.
- You need 1/4 tsp of cayenne pepper.
This recipe is posted on another web site and I made some minor adjustments for personal taste. With sweet brown sugar and the flavors of the region's traditional dry rubs, this is a sweet and spicy sauce that's sure to be a favorite. Tangy BBQ sauce gives this mac and cheese its sweet Memphis style. Add macaroni, Cheese Sauce and barbecue sauce to meat mixture in skillet; stir.
Memphis Style BBQ Sauce step by step
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and cook till softened, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook for another minute..
- Add tomato ketchup, cider vinegar, rice vinegar, molasses, Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar, mustard, hot sauce, salt, black pepper and cayenne pepper and stir to combine. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally..
- Allow mixture to cool, then transfer to a blender and blend until smooth. Store in a sterile jar with airtight lid, keeps in the fridge for up to a month..
Traditionally Memphis Barbecue is served without a sauce, but since rules are made to be broken try this fantastic sauce on your barbecue. However, since rules are made to be broken, many Memphis BBQ Joints have sauces available, either on the side or by special order. Memphis-Style BBQ Mac & Cheese — Tangy BBQ sauce gives this mac and cheese its sweet Memphis style. Memphis style BBQ sauce is different from Kansas City style barbecue sauce. It isn't as sweet and is spicier.