Fried Chicken in Spicy Tomato (Ayam Goreng Masak Merah).
You can cook Fried Chicken in Spicy Tomato (Ayam Goreng Masak Merah) using 21 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Fried Chicken in Spicy Tomato (Ayam Goreng Masak Merah)
- You need 350 g of Chicken Meat (with skin, boneless).
- It’s of Dry Rub Marinade;.
- You need 1 tsp of Turmeric Powder.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s of Blended Paste;.
- You need 40 g of Shallots.
- You need 30 g of Garlic.
- It’s 20 g of Ginger.
- It’s 3 of Red Chilies (deseeded).
- You need of Basic Ketchup Recipe;.
- It’s 1/3 cup of Tomato Puree.
- It’s 1 Tbsp of Vinegar.
- It’s 1/3 cup of Water.
- It’s 2 Tbsp of Sugar.
- It’s 2 pinches of Salt (2 g).
- It’s of For Frying;.
- It’s 2 Tbsp of Ghee or Butter.
- Prepare as needed of Cooking Oil.
- You need of Optional;.
- Prepare 1 pc of Tomato (diced).
- It’s 1 pc of Onion (sliced).
Fried Chicken in Spicy Tomato (Ayam Goreng Masak Merah) step by step
- Marinate the chicken with turmeric powder and salt and rest for minimum 30 minutes..
- When ready, heat oil in wok or a pan at high heat (400°c) for shallow frying. High heat is necessary to prevent the meat from sticking. Rest the chicken and set aside..
- Add 2 Tbsp of Ghee and 1 Tbsp of Oil to the pan/wok on high heat and fry the blended paste until fragrant (10 seconds). Then Turn the heat down to low heat..
- Add the pre-made ketchup and mix well. Optionally you can add your tomatoes here too. Bring it to a boil and cover with a lid. Cook the the sauce until it's reduced to a desired consistency. Be sure to stir every 5 minutes..
- Add in the chicken and coat the chicken with the sauce. Don't linger for too long or the crispy skin will get soggy. Optionally you can add your onions here. Dish is ready to serve..
- COMMENTARY; This dish is a deconstruction of Spicy Tomato Chicken; breaking down Spicy Tomato Chicken into it's elements then reinterpreting it. Also, linguistically, tomato sauce means ketchup and as unflattering as it sounds, this dish is exactly Fried Chicken in Spicy Ketchup. So, there is a difference between chicken braised in Gulai with tomato puree, and fried chicken tossed in spicy ketchup..