Frozen Futomaki Fat Sushi Rolls for Sports Festivals or Setsubun.
You can have Frozen Futomaki Fat Sushi Rolls for Sports Festivals or Setsubun using 7 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Frozen Futomaki Fat Sushi Rolls for Sports Festivals or Setsubun
- It’s 360 ml of White uncooked rice.
- It’s 3 of sheets Nori seaweed, whole sheets.
- It’s 2 tbsp of ☆ Vinegar.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of ☆ Ume vinegar.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of ☆ Sugar.
- You need 1/4 tsp of ☆ Salt.
- You need 1 of as much (to taste) Egg, crab sticks, green beans etc..
Frozen Futomaki Fat Sushi Rolls for Sports Festivals or Setsubun step by step
- I used ume vinegar to make slightly pink colored sushi rolls. If you don't have any ume vinegar just 4 tablespoons of regular vinegar..
- Cook the rice. Mix the ☆ ingredients together. Swirl the ☆ ingredients onto the hot cooked rice, and mix it in using a cutting motion to make the sushi rice. Cool the rice down..
- While the rice cools, make the fillings ready. You can use cooked egg, crabsticks, green beans, spinach, carrots, sakura denbu (pink dyed flaked sweetened codfish), canned tuna or anything you like..
- Put a sheet of nori on a sushi mat and spread sushi rice on it thinly. Leave a 2 cm gap on the top edge. Put on the filling ingredients and roll it all up..
- Leave the roll with the seam side down for a while to let it settle..
- Don't try to cut through in one motion. Use a sawing motion. Keep a moistened paper towel nearby and wipe the blade between each cut..
- Wrap each cut roll in plastic wrap, and freeze..
- On the day you need them, defrost each roll for 2 and a half minutes at 500 W, then leave with the wrap on for 20 to 30 minutes. Make the other things to pack in the bento box in the meantime. Pack everything in the bento box and it's done..