Setsubun Character Bento – Demon-Giri Rice Balls~.
You can cook Setsubun Character Bento – Demon-Giri Rice Balls~ using 7 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Setsubun Character Bento – Demon-Giri Rice Balls~
- Prepare 1 of rice bowl's worth Plain cooked rice.
- It’s 1 dash of Dried bonito flakes.
- Prepare 1 dash of Soy sauce.
- It’s 1 of Filling of your choice.
- You need 1 dash of Carrot.
- Prepare 1 dash of Nori seaweed.
- You need 1 stick of Imitation crab sticks.
Setsubun Character Bento – Demon-Giri Rice Balls~ step by step
- Using your favourite onigiri filling make the triangle-shaped onigiri rice balls..
- Cut the nori seaweed into narrow rectangles and fold around the bottom of the onigiri..
- Make the horns from boiled carrot and the facial features from nori seaweed. (Cut them out out with either a small pair of scissors or a craft punch.) Make the cheeks from imitation crab sticks (cut them out with a straw)..
- Stick the horns right into the onigiri. Push them in far enough so that they don't fall back out..
- Attach all of the parts to the onigiri and you're done. This time I cut some very thin strips of nori seaweed and added them onto the horns to create a striped pattern..
- Instead of making the hair with dried bonito flakes and soy sauce I think mince meat, tuna mayonnaise or scrambled egg would be cute too..
- The hair may fall off when transferring the onigiri to a lunchbox so I recommend adding a dollop of mayonnaise at the base of the horn to stick the hair in place..