Rustic Fried Okura.
You can cook Rustic Fried Okura using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Rustic Fried Okura
- You need 1 lb of okra.
- You need 1/2 cup of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of corn Bob's Mill medium grind meal.
- It’s 1/2 cup of buttermilk (or an egg if you don't have it).
- It’s 1/2 tsp of kosher salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of pepper course ground.
- Prepare 1 tsp of shichimi togarashi.
- You need 1/2 tsp of nori furikake.
- You need or two dash of tabasco sauce of.
Rustic Fried Okura step by step
- Wash and slice the okra to your preference. I usually slice them diagonally into two or three pieces depending on size taking care to leave the tip piece a little longer..
- Add the tabasco to the buttermilk in a medium sized bowl big enough to hold a frying batch and add the first batch or okra to it to sit for a few minutes (about 1/3 pound or so depending on your frying solution)..
- Mix the flour, cornmeal, salt, pepper, shichimi and furikake in another similar sized bowl..
- Use a spider strainer or slotted spoon to remove the okra from the buttermilk and coat in small batches then move to the fryer..
- I use a deep fryer and cook the okra for about 5-7 minutes until golden brown at about 355 degrees, but you can also fry in a cast iron skillet or other pan with 3/4-1" of oil at the same temp (or medium-high as it were)..
- Strain the okra of the oil and let dry for a couple minutes, the serve tossed with more shichimi or salt as you like. Repeat with remaining batches. Bam! as they say..