You can cook Sushi Roll using 9 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Sushi Roll
- You need 1 1 of Nori sheet.
- It’s 1 Cup of Rice.
- It’s 2 of Crabsticks.
- Prepare Pinch of salt.
- You need 1 Tablespoon of Sugar.
- Prepare 1.5 Tablespoons of white Vinegar.
- Prepare of Wasabi.
- It’s of Soya Sauce.
- Prepare of Pickled Ginger.
Sushi Roll instructions
- For this recipe I have used the readily available(in Indian Markets) Sona Masoori rice. If you have access to Sushi Rice, please go through the link in the description..
- Cook the rice in a pressure cooker or a pan, how you would normally cook it. It should be to a consistency that it's soft and fluffy, but doesn't get mashed up.
- Drain the rice and keep it to cool down completely.
- Mix the sugar and Vinegar in a bowl.
- To this solution add the cooled rice and keep fluffing the rice with a fork till the vinegar has coated the rice. Never try to compact down the rice in an attempt to get the rice sticky.
- If the rice is looking moist, fan it to remove excess moisture (else, when you spread the rice on the nori, the nori will turn soggy and tear and the roll will not hold).
- Place the Nori (dried seaweed) on a sushi bamboo rolling mat with the rough side facing up..
- Spread the rice in a thin layer covering the entire mat and press down, leaving a little gap at the edges. Do not try to put more rice than is necessary. (I know it's tempting to put that lil' leftover rice, been there, done that. And it came out a bit messed up).
- Place your filling, I have just used crabsticks here. You could use cucumber, spring onions, asparagus, pickled carrots or anything that goes with it. The only thing to note is that try not to put more than 3 fillings at a shot, since otherwise the roll becomes too big to seal effectively..
- Now you need to roll to form your sushi. I'm including a link here on how to do that (finding it a bit hard to explain without a vid/pic tutorial) http://www.wikihow.com/Roll-Sushi Use method 1 in the link.
- Make sure to compact the sushi as you roll it. Once the roll is done allow it to rest for a minute.
- Take a sharp wet knife and cut the rolls into bite size pieces and serve with Wasabi, Soy sauce and Pickled Ginger.