Cheese Stuffed Chikuwa Fritters with Shiso.
You can cook Cheese Stuffed Chikuwa Fritters with Shiso using 5 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Cheese Stuffed Chikuwa Fritters with Shiso
- It’s 4 of Chikuwa.
- You need 4 of leaves Shiso leaves.
- You need 4 slice of Sliced cheese.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Katakuriko.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Yukari (dried red-shiso furikake) (optional).
Cheese Stuffed Chikuwa Fritters with Shiso step by step
- Slit open the chikuwa..
- Cut the sliced cheese in half and stack it together..
- Spread out the chikuwa, and place the shiso leaf and cheese inside..
- Roll it up from the end..
- Secure it with a toothpick..
- Make the rest in the same manner. If you are using thick cheese, then you should wrap it to 1 cm thickness..
- Mix the katakuriko and yukari together in a bowl (yukari is optional)..
- Coat the chikuwa from step 6 in the flour from step 7, then knock off excess flour..
- Stick a pair of cooking chopsticks into a pot of hot oil, and wait until it starts to bubble..
- After heating the oil, fry over high heat for about 20 seconds. (Until the color of the chikuwa darkens a bit)..
- Drain off the oil..