Cherry Blossom Viewing Bento.
You can have Cherry Blossom Viewing Bento using 18 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Cherry Blossom Viewing Bento
- It’s of First box.
- You need 2 of rice bowl's worth ・Bamboo shoot rice onigiri.
- You need 2 of eggs ・Dashimaki tamago (Japanese-style rolled omelette).
- It’s 1 of including the leaves from the daikon radish ・Daikon radish and sakura blossoms pickles in sweet vinegar.
- It’s of Second box.
- You need 2 of ・Kara-age (fried chicken).
- You need 4 of ・Pork rolls with green beans and carrots.
- You need 2 of ・Miso tsukune (chicken patties) with lotus roots.
- Prepare 4 of ・Asparagus rolled with bacon.
- You need 1 of cut into a heart shapes ・Wiener sausage.
- You need 1 of cut into sakura shapes ・Glazed carrots.
- It’s 1 of for decoration and adding color ・Cherry tomatoes & lettuce.
- It’s of Third box.
- Prepare 1 of i prefer combining crabsticks with komatsuna over deep-fried tofu ・Simmered komatsuna and crabsticks.
- Prepare 1 of with orange peels ・Sweet potato simmered with lemon.
- Prepare 1 of i overboiled mine… ・Nanohana dressed with Japanese mustard.
- Prepare 6 of pieces ・Strawberries (I use the Amaou variety).
- It’s 4 of pieces ・Dekopon (Siranui citrus fruit).
Cherry Blossom Viewing Bento instructions
- To make the daikon radish and sakura blossoms pickles in sweet vinegar: Combine the daikon radish and the salted sakura blossoms without removing the salt. Rub them together and let sit for a while. Gently squeeze the excess liquid, then simply soak in sweet vinegar..
- Take some sakura blossoms from the daikon radish and sakura blossoms pickles in sweet vinegar, pat dry the excess moisture (using a paper towel) and decorate the bamboo shoot rice onigiri to give a beautiful touch..
- For the main dish box: For the tsukune patties, finely mince the chicken breast meat, firm tofu, lotus root, and shiso leaves. Season with ginger, sake, and miso. Coat the tsukune with miso after they are cooked..
- I used a special miso from Nagoya for the miso, so there was no need for me to add any other seasonings! I coated the tsukune patties with the miso dissolved in a bit of water after they were finished cooking..
- For the side dishes: I added homemade orange peels which I stored in the freezer to my usual sweet potato simmered with lemon recipe. Refreshing..
- The "Nanohana Dressed with Japanese Mustard" recipe is "Nikoniko-poo"'s recipe. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/145128-easy-%E2%98%85-nanohana-dressed-in-japanese-mustard-in-3-minutes.
- Here's a bird's eye view..