Spam Musubi. SPAM® Musubi is a sushilicious treat featuring SPAM® Classic, white rice, and nori. This Hawaiian take on surf and turf is sure to be a hit at your next luau! There's more than one way to enjoy this Hawaiian snack favorite!
Bring a taste of the islands home with this popular and You don't need to fly to Hawaii to try this tasty authentic Hawaiian Spam Musubi. Spam musubi is a favorite snack in Hawaii. These are popular at beaches, malls and provide a quick bite to eat between work breaks. You can cook Spam Musubi using 11 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Spam Musubi
- Prepare 1 can of Spam (seasoned by condiments marked by "a.").
- Prepare 1 tbsp of a. Soy Sauce.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of a. Sugar.
- You need 1 tbsp of a. Mirin.
- Prepare 60 ml of a. Water.
- It’s 9 of sheets Dried seaweed paper for rice balls.
- Prepare 1 of desired amount Thinly cooked omelette.
- It’s 1 of desired amount Furikake rice sprinkles.
- You need 2 slice of Sliced cheese.
- You need 1 of desired amount Kimchi.
- Prepare 1000 grams of Cooked rice.
The Spam musubi is a ridiculously simple creation, composed of four ingredients, yet its Slice the Spam into eight even pieces—or ten if you prefer, but I like my musubi on the meaty side, heavy on. This SPAM musubi recipe is an easy Hawaiian style snack that's as simple as it is delicious. If you're looking for easy Hawaiian food, SPAM musubi can't be beat. Hawaiian spam musubi is the best!
Spam Musubi instructions
- Cut the Spam into 8 or 9 pieces and cook it in a frying pan without using any oil. Once it starts to brown, add the premixed a. condiments and cook until it gives it more color. (Stop before the condiments start to burn.).
- Have the ingredients out. It's up to you what fillings you'd like to put in your musubi! The picture shows the ingredients for a musubi with rice seasoning and an egg omelette, which is perfect for a bento. Please combine the other ingredients with Spam according to your taste..
- Place the musubi maker on top of a sheet of dried seaweed and fill it with rice. Top it with rice sprinkles..
- Also place the omelette on top..
- Place the Spam and push the musubi with the musubi maker lid. Remove the musubi maker and wrap it with the seaweed and you're done..
- Try it with kimchi, cheese, furikake rice seasoning, thin omelettes, shiso leaves, sesame, and a bunch of other different toppings and condiments..
- I bought my musubi maker in Hawaii. It's easier to make with the musubi maker because it's just the right size..
- If you don't have a musubi maker… you can place plastic wrap in a deep dish or container. Add the rice and rice sprinkles..
- Place the omelette on top..
- Lay the cooked and seasoned Spam on top..
- Firmly press the musubi down after laying another sheet of plastic wrap on top..
- Lift the plastic wrap on the bottom and remove the musubi from the container. Cut the musubi according to the size of the Spam..
- Wrap it with dry seaweed..
- Wrap it with plastic wrap tightly. This is what makes it good! Shape the musubi after it's wrapped..
- Other than placing the Spam on top and wrapping it with seaweed, it's also good to sandwich the spam and other ingredients between layers of rice..
Ingredients are steamed white rice, musubi sauce, Spam and toasted seaweed. Musubi is easy to make at home and perfect as a snack. Place a Spam musubi maker mold over it, in the middle, then place a slice of Spam into the mold. Spam Onigirazu is perfect for a quick meal or snack on the go. This yummy treat is made with eggs SPAM® Onigirazu is a little bit fancier version of SPAM® Musubi.