bake sushi. This baked sushi casserole packed with imitation crab, furikake, and fish roe is broiled for a toasty finish. Sushi bake is a popular dish here in Hawai'i. It's simple and packs in all the amazing flavors of Japan.
My husband loves sushi and I know for sure he will love it. California Roll is the most common and basic sushi roll so it is great to use it for this recipe. The good thing about this Baked Sushi is that there is really no need to roll them which is a bit challenging for newbies. You can have bake sushi using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of bake sushi
- It’s 2 cup of sushi rice.
- Prepare 1 cup of sour cream.
- You need 1/2 packages of imitation crab cut to small pieces.
- You need 1/2 lb of shrimp cut to small pieces.
- You need 1/2 cup of soft cream cheese.
- You need 1/2 cup of mayonnaise.
- It’s 3 tbsp of furikake aka Japanese rice seasoning.
- Prepare 3 tsp of salmon roe / fish egg.
- You need 1 packages of nori /sushi roll.
People are always coming up with new ways to eat food. But this recent innovation, sushi bake, actually works. Sushi Bake is basically like a sushi casserole. The best part is the crispy top layer where all the flavors from the toppings come together.
bake sushi step by step
- cook rice according to package direction.
- preheat oven to 350°F.
- mix in one bowl the shrimp, imitation crab, mayo, cream cheese and sour cream all together.
- in a baking dish layer cook rice, the mix shrimp and crab, rice seasoning and fish egg.
- bake for 15 mins.
- then cut 1 whole of nori to 4 pcs and serve.
- let your guests roll the bake sushi by them selves it's more fun eating it.
Baked Sushi or Sushi Bake is a unique Sushi recipe where sushi rice and toppings (of your choice) are placed in a tray and will be baked. It is way far from the traditional sushi cuisine but it is so good that everyone can enjoy this dish. It is perfect to roll up with nori seaweed and eat. This delicious recipe also comes with my own method of making homemade Furikake. To serve, cut seaweed sheets into four.