Buttered Potato and Corn Miso Soup. Actually, the Japanese use miso for soups, marinades, dressings, sauces, and pickling. Its importance as a base ingredient rivals soy sauce! I love the honey with miso butter recipe.
What I like to do is instead of cooking on the stove I layer the potatoes in my crockpot then saute the celery with the onion and some fresh. If you have made miso soup before, the chances are that you still have plenty of dried bonito flakes to make dashi broth and some miso paste left in the Onion and potato are pretty common ingredients for everyday miso soup in Japan, simply because everyone has them at home and it's quite tasty. White miso is the mildest and sweetest type, which is why it's called for in this quantity. You can cook Buttered Potato and Corn Miso Soup using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Buttered Potato and Corn Miso Soup
- You need 1 of Potato.
- Prepare 1 slice of Bacon.
- You need 2 tbsp of Corn kernels.
- Prepare 1 bag of Powdered dashi bag (see Hints).
- You need 450 ml of Water.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tbsp of Miso.
- You need 1 dash of Butter.
Any less and you might not detect it at all. Heat butter in another medium pot over medium. Add miso and ½ cup corn stock and stir to dissolve miso. Miso corn soup is an easy late summer soup full of zing and flavour.
Buttered Potato and Corn Miso Soup step by step
- Peel the potato and cut into 2 cm dice. Put into a bowl of water. Cut the bacon into 2 cm wide pieces..
- Put 450 ml of water, the potato and dashi bag in a pan over high heat. When it comes to a boil, lower the heat to medium and take out the dashi bag..
- When the potatoes have almost cooked through, add the bacon and corn. When the potatoes have become soft, turn off the heat..
- Dissolve in the miso. Heat up over low heat just before serving. Be careful not to let it come to a boil..
- Add a small amount of butter on top just before serving. It will melt right away, but the flavor and fragrance will permeate the soup..
Today's recipe is a simple bowl of corn and miso soup inspired by August's bounty. While the rest of Europe is still basking in the summer sunshine, the UK has started to feel a little more like autumn, so I don't feel like I'm speaking. This grilled corn recipe is slathered in a homemade miso butter with zesty Japanese togarashi seasoning. A great addition to that summer BBQ party! Garnish with extra togarashi seasoning (optional) and serve.