Fermented Vegetable Brown Rice Sushi.
You can have Fermented Vegetable Brown Rice Sushi using 10 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Fermented Vegetable Brown Rice Sushi
- It’s 1 cup of brown sushi rice.
- Prepare 2 cups of water.
- It’s 1 splash of Mirin.
- Prepare 1 splash of brown rice vinegar.
- You need 2 tablespoons of fermented vegetables of your choice (homemade or shop bought).
- Prepare 1 of sprinkle Aonori seaweed.
- You need 2 sheets of Nori seaweed.
- It’s 1 of sprinkle of furikake (homemade or shop bought).
- It’s 1 splash of tamari or ponzu to serve (optional).
- You need of Pickled ginger and wasabi to serve (optional).
Fermented Vegetable Brown Rice Sushi step by step
- Wash the sushi rice under running water. Add the rice to the pan and bring the water to the boil. Reduce heat, cover with a lid and simmer for 35 minutes. Turn off the heat and allow to steam for a further 10 minutes. If you feel that the water has absorbed, turn off the heat a little earlier rather than burn it to the bottom. Season the sushi rice with a splash of mirin and rice wine vinegar to your taste..
- Using a sushi mat, place one sheet of nori and spread with rice. I used 2/3 of a sheet. Carefully place a line if your fermented vegetables along the middle and roll using the mat to keep it tightly together. Slice the ends to neaten, then into equally sliced portions. Repeat..
- Serve with some extra fermented vegetables, tamari or ponzu dipping sauce, ginger, wasabi or other sushi condiments..