Oysters with Jalapeño Ponzu Shoyu.
You can cook Oysters with Jalapeño Ponzu Shoyu using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Oysters with Jalapeño Ponzu Shoyu
- Prepare 2 dozen of fresh, raw oysters in the shell (see notes above re: roasting or grilling).
- You need of Ponzu Shoyu:.
- It’s 1 Tablespoons of regular soy sauce.
- It’s 1 Tablespoon of water.
- Prepare 1.5-2 Tablespoons of fresh squeezed lemon juice (yuzu is the citrus typically used to make ponzu, but I don't have any on hand).
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of lemon zest.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of sugar.
- It’s 1/8-1/4 teaspoon of wasabi paste (optional).
- You need 1 of small jalapeño, minced.
- It’s 2 Tablespoons of minced shallot (white onion or red onion also work – I used white onion on this day.).
- You need of optional: masago (that little orange caviar you often find on California Rolls).
Oysters with Jalapeño Ponzu Shoyu step by step
- Mix all ingredients in a small bowl and stir or whisk until the sugar and wasabi are dissolved. (This stuff is also delicious with beef or fish tataki, and as a dip for grilled King Trumpet or Oyster mushrooms, btw…).
- If you have access to it, a tiny dollop of masago (that tiny orange caviar you get on your sushi) is a wonderful textural addition..
- I also like to add a little finely chopped cilantro on top and lemon wedges on the side..
- A chilled bottle of bubbly on the side, and you're good to go. Enjoy!.