Ocean Bowl with Tuna and Mekabu. Build a bowl: place the farro in the bowl, then top with tuna, halved tomatoes, cucumbers, salad greens, egg, and cilantro. Give the vinaigrette a whisk, then pour on to the bowl to taste. Notes: To cook farro, bring a large pot of salted water to a rapid boil.
Try this delicious & healthy Poke Bowl! Cut avocado into small cubes or pixelate avocado by slicing paper-thin slices lengthwise first, then make paper-thin crosswise slices. To assemble your bowl, scoop half of the sushi rice into a bowl, top with Sriracha mayo tuna, avocado, masago Geoff Baumberger, Executive Chef You can cook Ocean Bowl with Tuna and Mekabu using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Ocean Bowl with Tuna and Mekabu
- It’s 1 of Mekabu seaweed (if available).
- It’s 1 of pack Bonito flakes.
- Prepare 1 of Scallion.
- Prepare 1 of Sesame seeds.
- You need 1 of Egg yolk (optional).
- You need 2 of to 3 servings Steamed rice.
- Prepare 2 of to 3 servings Lean sashimi grade tuna.
- Prepare of Soy sauce, mirin, and sake (2:1:1 ratio).
- Prepare 1 of Shiso leaves and shredded nori seaweed as garnish.
Geoff Baumberger at Ocean Prime in Beverly Hills, Calif., says the recently added Ahi Tuna Poke Bowl with avocado and Sriracha vinaigrette sells exceptionally well. Combine sauce ingredients in a medium bowl. Whisk with a fork to combine. Add Tuna and stir to coat evenly.
Ocean Bowl with Tuna and Mekabu step by step
- This is raw mekabu. It's located at the root of the wakame seaweed plant. It's already exuding its sliminess. Wash well..
- Blanch in salted water and it'll turn bright green…. Cool rapidly in cold water to fix the bright color..
- Chop up with a kitchen knife. It will get slimier and slimier. I recommend a rhythmic pop song playing in the background as you chop it up..
- Add bonito flakes, sesame seeds, chopped green onion, soy sauce and egg yolk (optional) and mix well. If this is for adults, add some wasabi..
- Marinate the tuna for 30 minutes to an hour. The marinade is soy sauce, mirin and sake at a 2:1:1 ratio with a piece of kombu soaked until softened (the photo shows 6 servings' worth)..
- Put the mekabu seaweed on top of a bed of piping hot rice, and add the marinated tuna on top. Add shiso leaves and shredded nori seaweed to taste, and serve with wasabi soy sauce. The bowl on the right is the more standard tuna and yam rice bowl..
- I like to cut corners, so I always have this over hot plain rice, but you can have this with sushi rice if you prefer — it's delicious this way, too..
Combine Sriracha drizzle ingredients and whisk with a fork to combine until no lumps are left. Add tuna and remaining ingredients to the bowl. Garnish with Sriracha drizzle, sesame seeds and green. The Rest of the Poke Bowl. Open tuna cans and place in a bowl.