Teriyaki spam musubi. This SPAM Musubi is next-level delicious! Breaded in panko bread crumbs and deep-fried, and then finished off with a nice teriyaki sauce drizzle. Teriyaki Katsu SPAM® Musubi is wrapped in more than just nori; it's sprinkled with Japanese Panko.
So get ready for a flavor bomb! Be the first to review this recipe. Rub vegetable oil on inside of the musubi maker and the press. (or oil the inside of the spam can) This will make it easier to unmold. You can cook Teriyaki spam musubi using 12 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Teriyaki spam musubi
- It’s 1 can of spam.
- It’s 4 cup of cooked rice.
- You need 1 packages of sushi nori (dried seaweed).
- You need 1 cup of soy sauce.
- You need 2 cup of water.
- It’s 1 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of oyster sauce.
- You need 3 clove of garlic,diced.
- You need 1 tsp of minced ginger.
- It’s pinch of salt.
- Prepare pinch of black pepper.
- It’s 1 cup of furikake (rice seasoning).
Spam musubi is a popular snack and lunch food composed of a slice of grilled Spam sandwiched either in between or on top of a block of rice. NOTE: if you want to make teriyaki spam musubi skip to next step. This authentic Spam Musubi recipe comes from Hawaii. Bring a taste of the islands home with this popular and You don't need to fly to Hawaii to try this tasty authentic Hawaiian Spam Musubi. musubi steamed bun with teriyaki spam, pineapple and nori.
Teriyaki spam musubi instructions
- Combine all your flavoring ingredients and mix.
- Cut your spam into 1/4 inch slices and add that to your teriyaki sauce.
- Allow this to marinate for about 30 minutes to soak the flavors.
- When the 30 minutes is complete take a frying pan and warm it up at a medium-high heat..
- When pan is hot fry your spam until both sides browns.
- In the meantime with your rice add the furikake and some salt and pepper.
- When spam is complete take your nori (dried seaweed) and cut it in half horizontally.
- Place your mold directly in the middle of the nori and add the rice into the mold unit it fills it up 3/4of the way.
- Add one slice of spam to the top and with the topper of the mold you will cover the spam and rice and push down while lifting the mold up creating a rectangular shape.
- When rice and spam is out of mold you will fold up each side of the nori and wet the edges to keep the Nori from unravelling and it ready to eat.
Yeah, that's right – there's Spam on this steamed bun, but wait, don't get freaked out! Spam Musubi is a very popular Hawaiian snack that is just like sushi. Marinated sliced luncheon meat is quickly pan seared then placed on top of rice and wrapped in nori (dried seaweed.) How to Make Spam Musubi? It's very easy to assemble this wonderful Hawaiian snack once you have the tool. Brush some teriyaki sauce on top of the rice and place a piece of spam on top of the rice.