Tsukimi Udon. This classic udon noodle preparation, which is named for the poached egg that symbolizes the In Japan, mid-autumn means traditional moon-viewing celebrations. Tsukimi Udon, or "Moon Viewing" Noodles are named for the egg that's placed in the bowl as this Japanese dish is served. It's usually a very simple affair.
Literally translated, tsukimi means viewing the moon. The egg in this dish represents the full moon surrounded by clouds of noodles. It is traditionally served in the autumn but I love it all year long. You can have Tsukimi Udon using 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Tsukimi Udon
- It’s of Ingredients.
- It’s 2 packages of udon noodles.
- You need 2 1/2 cup of water.
- It’s 1 tsp of dashi powder.
- It’s 2 of thumbnail size pieces of lemon zest.
- Prepare 8 of snow peas.
- You need 1 cup of oyster mushrooms.
- It’s 2 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 2 of onsen tamago (see my recipe).
- You need of furikake.
- You need of Soy Sauce Mixture.
- You need 3 tbsp of soy sauce.
- You need 3 tbsp of mirin.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of light brown sugar.
Tsukimi Udon is a Japanese hearty noodle soup with shiitake mushrooms, fish cake and seaweed in dashi stock. Try this Moon Viewing Udon Soup! Schedule. … Рецепт цукими удон (tsukimi udon, яп. 月見うどん). Клуб: Японская кухня › Новости клуба. Udon (饂飩, usually written as うどん) is a type of thick, wheat-flour noodle used frequently in Japanese cuisine.
Tsukimi Udon step by step
- Make the Onsen Tamago. Cool completely and set aside. (See my recipe for Onsen Tamago) *Soft boiled eggs would work just as well. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/345155-onsen-tamago.
- Place a lemon zest in the bottom of each noodle bowl..
- Mix the soy sauce, mirin, and light brown sugar in a small bowl and set aside..
- In a small sauce pan add the water, dashi powder, and 2/3's of the soy sauce mixture, reserving the last 1/3 for later. Bring stock to a simmer and stir until the dashi has dissolved..
- Reduce the heat to low and add 8 snow peas allowing them to become tender-crisp while you move on to the next step..
- Melt the butter in a medium saute pan over medium high heat. Add the oyster mushrooms, shredding them with your fingers into smaller pieces. Saute the mushrooms a bit until they begin to brown. Add in the remaining 1/3 of soy sauce mixture. Continue cooking and stirring until the mushrooms are well browned and sticky. Set aside.
- Prepare the 2 bundles of udon per the directions on the package. Drain well and add to the noodle bowls. Ladle enough stock to each bowl making sure to not quit covering the noodles. Top with the oyster mushrooms, 1 Onsen Tamago, and 4 snow peas per bowl. Sprinkle with furikake and serve..
It is often served hot as a noodle soup in its simplest form, as kake udon, in a mildly flavoured broth called kakejiru, which is made of dashi, soy sauce, and mirin. Tsukimi udon: Kake udon with a raw egg on top. Tsukimi roughly translates into "gazing at the moon" in Japanese. In this case, the egg whites represent the clouds in the sky and the yolk represents the. Udon – Delicious Noodles Loved by Everyone.