Cod Roe with toast!. Menbosha, or fried shrimp toasts are a yummy appetizer inspired by the popular Korean cooking show Stars' Top Recipe at Funstaurant. Cod roe, often confused with caviar, is considered a delicacy in certain countries, such as Norway. Hard roe is the unfertilized eggs of the female cod Dried parsley, dehydrated garlic, cumin, coriander and sage are a few options to try.
Kalles Smoked Cod Roe.perfect on toast! ObeLadiI was brought up eating this stuff my father being Scandinavian. It's my go to breakfast and is fantastic with buttered toast. You can cook Cod Roe with toast! using 4 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Cod Roe with toast!
- Prepare 2 tins of Pressed Cod Roe.
- It’s 2-3 tablespoons of cooking oil.
- It’s of Toast per person!.
- You need of Seafood Sauce (if wanted!).
Even better just add an egg on top, either fried or boiled and it's just perfect! Nothing more to add except Please Ikea keep on. The roe can vary in size. Smoked cods' roe is used to make taramasalata, although it's traditionally made with smoked grey mullet roe.
Cod Roe with toast! step by step
- Carefully open the tins of Roe and turn out on a cutting board. Cut each piece sideways into 2/3 rounds, if too thin, it will just crumble and make a mess!.
- Put the Oil in a large fry pan and warm it up. Gently slide the rounds of Roe into the hot oil, turning at least once to brown the outside, and heat through..
- Serve with toast, or sweet potatoes, and I added some Seafood Sauce to go with mine. Enjoy!!.
For taramasalata, the membrane surrounding the smoked roe needs to be peeled away. The Best Cod Roe Recipes on Yummly Breaded Cod Roes Salad, Roe Salad With Coriander And Grapefruit Sauce, Potato Skins With Whipped Cod Roe. Cod roes must be handled very carefully before salting to avoid bursting their delicate skins. The roes are washed in cold water and are then covered Creamed Roe on Toast.