Low fat cornbread. Delicious cornbread that won't clog your arteries. I've adopted this recipe as it didn't have a loving owner. in Baking· Clean Eating· Gluten Free· Low Fat· Low Sugar· Quick Breads· Sides· Vegetarian. Occasionally, Mom whips up a batch of cornbread while the soup cooks.
Ingredients of Low fat cornbread
- You need 1 cup of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 cup of cornmeal (I used coarsest ground “polenta).
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of sugar (I used coconut sugar).
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of baking powder.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 2 of egg whites.
- Prepare 1 cup of fat free milk.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of unsweetened applesauce.
Make notes of what works and I'd never mess with them. Instead if you want something low fat just buy the cornbread that is marked. We earn a commission for products purchased through some links in this article. Red lentil soup with low-fat cornbread.
Low fat cornbread instructions
- Preheat oven to 450 F (conventional oven)..
- Mix dry ingredients..
- Add wet ingredients and mix..
- Pour into 9×9 inch baking dish. Here I used a smaller loaf pan because I did a half recipe..
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until knife inserted in cornbread comes out clean..
If you're not watching your fat intake, serve the warm cornbread with butter or. Other User Submitted Calorie Info Matching: Souplantation Buttermilk Cornbread Low-Fat. Foods low in fat, for example, will cluster along the bottom edge of the pyramid, ranging from foods that are high in carbohydrates (at the left edge) to foods that are high in protein (at the right edge). This Keto Cornbread is a great low-carb side dish and resembles traditional Southern style This EASY Keto Cornbread is sure to knock your socks off, it's a wonderful low carb alternative to the. Low carb cornbread made with ZERO corn that actually tastes like the real deal!