Claypot Chicken Rice (by Rice Cooker). So good to be able to share yet another recipe of mine! This one is guaranteed to make your kitchen smell like heaven, on top of being. This one pot dish can serve many people depending on the capacity of your rice cooker.
Here is how you do it! Claypot Chicken Rice Recipe (adapted from Amy Beh's Kuali.com recipe). Claypot chicken rice is not something that I grew up eating as a kid in Indonesia. You can cook Claypot Chicken Rice (by Rice Cooker) using 9 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Claypot Chicken Rice (by Rice Cooker)
- You need 1 of Chicken Thigh (chopped, with/without skin).
- Prepare 3 of Dried Chinese Mushroom (Pre soaked overnight).
- You need 1/2 of Chinese Sausage (tear the coating layer, sliced diagonally).
- Prepare 2 of Ginger slices, 3 Shallots (sliced), 1 clove Garlic (diced).
- You need 1 Cup of Grain Rice (washed).
- You need 1 tbsp of Chinese Wine (Shao Hing).
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Soy Sauce, 2 tbsp Oyster Sauce, 1 tsp Black Soy Sauce.
- It’s Dash of 5 Spice Powder, White Pepper and Salt.
- It’s of Your choice of Veges (blanched, seasoned with oyster sauce, oil).
I included instructions to cook with rice cooker, Instant Pot, and regular pot like Dutch oven. Easy recipe for claypot chicken rice cooking without using claypot. Today I'm sharing a cheated way of preparing a classic claypot rice using a rice cooker! Unlike cooking over claypot, you won't be able to achieve a smoky flavour dish but I guaranteed that it still taste very satisfying and fuss free in preparation too!
Claypot Chicken Rice (by Rice Cooker) instructions
- Marinade the chicken with a dash of White Pepper, soy sauce, sesame oil, cornflour. Sliced the mushroom into slices, marinade with ginger juice, soy sauce and oil..
- Heat the frying pan with oil, briefly pan fried the sausage, dish up and set aside. Add some oil and pan fried the gingers, shallots, garlic until slightly brown, add in the mushroom slices, stir fried for 1 minute, add in chicken and pan fried for 1 minute on each side, add in Chinese wine followed by the rest of the seasonings. Add in grain rice and mix evenly. Dish up into rice cooker and press the White Rice function..
- Scoop the ready rice and chicken into a bowl, arrange with blanched veges and chinese sausage..
Originally, claypot chicken rice is cooked using a claypot. But since I do not own one and it does not seem useful if I do own one because I do not have a gas stove at home. So in order to make this dish, I use my rice cooker. What's missing is just the lovely, crunchy rice crust at the. The traditional claypot chicken rice is cooked in a Chinese clay sand pot over a charcoal stove.