Cheesy filled zucchini with quinoa. Add quinoa, egg, garlic, oregano, fresh cheese, and panko crumbs. Season with salt and pepper; mix until thoroughly combined. Heat olive oil in a skillet.
Ingredients of Cheesy filled zucchini with quinoa
- Prepare 160 g of quinoa or rice.
- Prepare 300 g of minced meat.
- Prepare 1 of zucchini/courgette.
- You need 1 of onion.
- It’s 1 of big clove of garlic.
- It’s 100 mL of cooking cream (cow or soy).
- It’s 150 g of shredded cheese (use whatever cheese you like!).
A cheesy zucchini and quinoa side dish that is super easy to make and it is a great way to use some of the overflowing zucchini in your garden. Bring the quinoa and broth to a boil over medium heat, reduce the heat and simmer covered until the broth has been absorbed and the quinoa is tender. This delicious quinoa and zucchini patty recipe is a wonderful, fiber full way to use zucchini in your next main course. These zucchini quinoa patties, reminiscent of latkes, but without any potatoes, are the perfect family-friendly recipe.
Cheesy filled zucchini with quinoa step by step
- Preheat the oven at 200°C (or 392°F)..
- Shred the onion and crush the garlic to a pulp..
- Cut the zucchini in half and scoop out the inside with a spoon. Cut the insides in small pieces!.
- Spread some olive oil on the outside off the zucchini halves..
- Put olive oil in a hot pan and add the minced meat..
- Add part of the garlic and season to taste. I seasoned with salt, pepper, cayenne pepper and a spice mix containing (ground) paprika, coriander, curcuma, fenegriq, chilli powder, ginger, cumin, cardemom and fennel seeds..
- When half of the minced meat is ready, add the shredded onion and the rest of the garlic. Cook for about 5 minutes..
- Add the zucchini insides, mix and cook for about 3 minutes..
- Add the cooking cream and let it reduce..
- Reduce the heat and add half of the shredded cheese (I use a mix of gouda, emmental and rigatello).
- Stir and adjust seasoning to taste..
- Fill the zucchini with the mixture and add shredded cheese on top to get a nice crust!.
- Put it in the oven for 15 min at 180°C..
- Prepare the quinoa as described on the package. You can add chicken stock to the water to improve the taste!.
- Put everything on a plate and enjoy your meal! Cheers!.
This cheesy zucchini quinoa is a great way to sneak in vegetables to a cheesy comforting dish that everyone will love. Packing something nutritious and healthy for your kids can be worrisome sometimes as they can be very choosy about what they eat. A healthy summer dish, this zucchini quinoa salad is packed full of veggies, is dressed by Alyssa Rimmer. Summer Squash + Zucchini Quinoa Salad with Toasted Pine Nuts. Not only are they high in vitamins A, C, and D, but pine nuts are also filled with healthy.