Red curry squash soup. Just roast the squash and blend it with ginger, curry, and lemongrass to make creamy vegan comfort food. This creamy curried squash soup comes together in two easy steps: roast & blend! Made with coconut milk and plenty of veggies, it's totally vegan.
This curried squash soup is made with spicy, fragrant Thai red curry paste. We've partnered with Vitamix to create this Curried Butternut Squash Soup recipe. When the cold weather strikes, there's nothing like a hot bowl of soup to make you feel all warm and cozy. You can have Red curry squash soup using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Red curry squash soup
- Prepare 2 of red curry squash, seeded, peeled and cut into 1" cubes.
- Prepare 1 of small red onion, diced.
- It’s 1 clove of garlic, thinly minced.
- It’s 1 of thumb of ginger, grated.
- You need 1 can of light coconut milk.
- Prepare 1 can of water.
- It’s 2 tablespoon of extra-virgin olive oil.
- You need 1 teaspoon of red curry paste.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of concentrate chicken broth (I've used Bovril brand).
- Prepare to taste of Salt & pepper.
Butternut's creamy texture makes this soup silky smooth. You can also use kabocha squash (a winter squash also known as Japanese pumpkin); it has a deep, rich flavor and is a bit sweeter than butternut. Like all of my soup recipes, this red curry kabocha squash soup is as easy as can be to make. Throw a bunch of stuff in a pot, let it simmer, blend it up, done.
Red curry squash soup step by step
- In a large bowl, add the squash cubes, 1 tablespoon of the olive oil and salt & pepper. Mix well and display on cooking sheet. Cook in preheated oven at 400° till tender (approx 20min)..
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon of the olive in a pot at mid-high. Add in the onion and cook 2 minutes, stirring often. Then add in the garlic and cook for another 2 minutes, stirring often. Then add the ginger and cook for another minute. Then turn off the heat..
- Add in the pot the cooked squash cubes, the coconut milk and the red curry paste. Mash together with hand blender till smooth. Add water little by little while still using the hand blender till desired consistency..
- Correct the seasoning if needed and reheat 5 minutes at med-low heat..
- Serve hot and enjoy!.
The sweet squash is balanced out with carrots, garlic, onion, red curry and fresh lime juice, all lending to the classic red curry flavour. This soup is full of spicy winter cheer! It uses few ingredients and has little hands-on preparation time. Red curry paste, coconut milk, and fresno chile make for a sweet, spicy, and complex combination. Combine the squash, curry paste, and vegetable stock in a large saucepan over high.