Healthy Latin Ropa Vieja. A hearty beef stew made Cuban-style with shredded flank steak, bell peppers, onions, and a flavorful tomato sauce. A Guide to Making Cheesecake for Beginners. It's also inexpensive, making it ideal for feeding a crowd.
Ingredients of Healthy Latin Ropa Vieja
- It’s of Cocked soft Shredded Beef or Chicken Breast from a pre- cooked rotisserie Chicken.
- It’s 1 of Onion.
- Prepare 5 cloves of Garlic.
- Prepare of Red Pepper.
- It’s of Spices: Salt, Pepper, Paprika, Turmeric, Cumin.
- Prepare 1 spoon of Olive Oil.
Ropa Vieja is a Cuban dish of meat, peppers and onions. Literally translated it means "old clothes," a reference to the colorful pieces of red and yellow peppers and tomatoes in the dish. Strain the cooking broth through a fine-mesh sieve and discard solids. This is my Vegan version of the Cuban classic dish "Ropa Vieja".
Healthy Latin Ropa Vieja instructions
- Add Oil, 0nions, Red Pepper, Garlic ana all spices. Cook until soft..
- Add shredded Chicken of Beef. Add 1/2 cup of water..
I used these humongous King Oyster Mushrooms and it came out tasting great. Healthy Latin Food & Recipes, Low-Fat Mexican Food, Low-Calorie Mexican Food. This popular Cuban stew consists of shredded beef, lots of spices, and green peppers. The stew is full of vitamins, and is usually served over yellow rice, which is high in beta-carotene, an antioxidant. A traditional Cuban dish of shredded beef with a robust tomato sauce.