Ground Beef Chilaquiles. You may never make hamburgers again when you see what ground beef can do in this cheesy, creamy, zesty Beef Chilaquiles recipe. What Are Chilaquiles, and Why Should You Make Them? The word chilaquiles comes from the Nahuatl language, meaning chilis and greens.
Yes… it was as simple as that, and was delish! You may never make hamburgers again when you see what ground beef can do in this cheesy, creamy, zesty Beef Chilaquiles recipe. Traditional Chilaquiles. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. You can cook Ground Beef Chilaquiles using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Ground Beef Chilaquiles
- It’s 1 lb of ground beef.
- You need 1/2 of white onion.
- Prepare 1 bag of homemade corn tortilla chips or 20 corn tortillas.
- Prepare 1 bag of shredded cheese.
- You need 1 clove of garlic.
- It’s 1 can of chili colorado enchillada sauce.
- It’s 2 tbsp of corn oil.
- Prepare 1 tsp of cumin.
- It’s 1 tsp of garlic salt.
- It’s 1/2 packages of queso fresco.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 can of water.
Try this fresh Mexican-style recipe anytime of day between breakfast and dinner. Ground Beef Sausage and your favorite toppings make for a hearty and. We use Hutterian Farm Ground Beef from Crowd Cow to make this scrumptious meaty chilaquiles dinner. This healthy chilaquiles recipe calls for two ingredients and comes with a ton of protein options like Chilaquiles are traditionally fried tortilla strips simmered in a red or green tomato sauce and topped.
Ground Beef Chilaquiles instructions
- the tortilla chips must be the homemade kind from like a little mexican market brand ( do not use regular tortilla chips will fall apart)..
- if your using fresh corn tortillas cut into triangles and cook in 1 cup oil till crisp drain set aside..
- cook ground beef with, salt, garlic salt, diced onion & finely diced garlic drain & set aside..
- Sauce: heat 2tbsp oil in pan add your cumin straight into oil cook for 39 seconds add in your sauce 1/2 can water cook on med heat 10minutes add in chips and ground beef carefully incorporate. Turn off pan top with cheese and place a lid on top so cheese can melt. Enjoy!!.
They are the perfect dinner for a busy weeknight meal yet just as crave worthy as more labor intensive dinners. Add the ground beef and cook until no longer pink. Use any leftover beef brisket from Rachael's Mexican Brisket and Biscuits for this hearty brunch Top with the tortillas, then the beef, and finally sprinkle with the cheeses. Bake until the filling is bubbling. Origins of Chilaquiles. "Chilaquiles" is an ancient Aztec word meaning "chilis and greens".