Miso Soup with Myoga Ginger and Eggplant. I think eating Myoga ginger as for seasoning (spice) is the most popular way for Japanese, but miso soup with Myoga ginger is very important for me because it reminds me of my This soft eggplant and juicy thin fried tofu are surrounded by amazing flavor of Myoga ginger! When the eggplant has cooked through, add one tablespoon of ginger and the sliced myoga. Bring just to a simmer and remove from heat.
We will then pair this with spicy Korean Oiji pickles. Finally, he shows you how to make a delicious eggplant deep-fry. This Japanese eggplant recipe is all about that umami-rich miso glaze, which you can use on all kinds of root vegetables. You can have Miso Soup with Myoga Ginger and Eggplant using 6 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Miso Soup with Myoga Ginger and Eggplant
- It’s 1 of Myoga ginger.
- Prepare 2 small of Eggplants.
- Prepare 1/2 block of Tofu.
- You need 2 tbsp of Miso.
- Prepare 600 ml of Dashi stock.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Pure sesame oil.
I like the idea of baking eggplant because it uses so much less oil than stir frying and steaming makes it too waterlogged. But my family and I didn't like the sauce; there was too much. Subsequently, by the end of my miso soup binge, I got rather tired of the standard recipe made with tofu and scallion. I specifically wanted to use the eggplants and mushrooms I had on hand, and that's when I came across this recipe for grilled eggplant and mushroom miso soup by Maki Itoh.
Miso Soup with Myoga Ginger and Eggplant instructions
- Make the dashi stock, slice the eggplants diagonally into thin slices, and dice the tofu. Cut the myoga in half vertically, and then into thin diagonal slices..
- When the dashi stock has boiled, add the eggplant and simmer until soft. Add the miso and then the tofu..
- Add the sesame oil to finish. Transfer to serving bowls and top with the myoga ginger..
Gently stir-fried with chilies, ginger, and miso. Eggplant has always been a rather challenging vegetable for me. This year I'm growing Japanese eggplant in my garden, and have been using this recipe every time a few more eggplants get long and ripe enough to pick. This Eggplant and Myoga Salad features a trio of Japanese summer vegetables. Remove the stem end of myoga ginger and thinly slice it diagonally.