Kumro Phool Bhaja (Pumpkin Flowers Pakora – Bengali style). Pumpkin Recipe: Kumro Bora Bengali Recipe Hello Friends, Today I will Show you How to make Pumpkin Flower Pakora/Kumro Phuler Bora Recipe at home easily. My Other Pure Veg Recipe Videos Links.
Pumpkin Flower Pakoras is not only quick recipe but, can be easily. There is usually some sort of bhaja served with a proper Bengali meal. It can be any of several kinds of fried vegetables like potatoes, eggplants or potols (parial). You can have Kumro Phool Bhaja (Pumpkin Flowers Pakora – Bengali style) using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Kumro Phool Bhaja (Pumpkin Flowers Pakora – Bengali style)
- You need 5-6 of Pumpkin Flowers / Blossoms.
- It’s 4-5 tbsp. of besan (gram flour).
- Prepare 2 tbsp. of rice flour.
- It’s to taste of salt.
- You need pinch of turmeric powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp. of red chilli powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp. of baking soda.
- You need 1 tbsp. of poppy seeds.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp. of kalonji (nigella seeds).
- It’s as needed of oil to deep fry.
But if you're in the right season, a pumpkin flower fritter is a must-try. I went to my sister in law's house and from there I learnt a new recipe. PUMPKIN FLOWER FRY = KUMRO FUL BHAJA. A typical Bengali meal is incomplete without some sort of bhaja (fry) served alongside rice and dal.
Kumro Phool Bhaja (Pumpkin Flowers Pakora – Bengali style) step by step
- Discard the stem and stigma from each of the Pumpkin flowers. Wash them gently and rinse well. Keep aside..
- Prepare a batter with besan (gram flour), salt, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, baking soda, kalonji, rice flour and poppy seeds with required quantity of water. Dip the washed & drained flowers in the batter..
- And deep fry them in hot oil till golden in colour..
- Drain on a tissue paper..
- Serve them as an appetizer with kasundi or as a side dish with khichdi or dal-chawal..
The bhaja can be any kind of batter-fried vegetable such as brinjal, potato, raw plantain and potol (wax gourd). Kumro phool bhaja or pumpkin flower fritter is a breeze to make. Kumro Phul or Pumpkin Flower or Kaddu Ka Phul is a perfect thing to prepare tasty Pakoras and Kumro Phuler Bora is a traditional Bengali fritter. Nowadays, Kumro Phul is very easily available in local markets and I picked a fresh lot from the nearby market to prepare the fritters. Wash the pumpkin flowers and remove the stems.