Banarsi Khatti Meethi Kaddu Chana Vegetable. #Kaddu #Kaddukisabji #pumpkinRecipe #vegRecipe #Indianstylepumpkin #wintervegetablerecipe kaddu ki sabji recipe, kaddu ki sabji, pumpkin recipe, khatta. No Comments on Banarasi Kaddu ki Khatti Meethi Subzi. Sometimes, I feel kaash time machine hoti movies ki tarhah and I could relive those days once again.
Make it in aftar time and enjoy! Chana Dal Paratha is a flatbread native to the North india. This is a complete meal in U. You can have Banarsi Khatti Meethi Kaddu Chana Vegetable using 18 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Banarsi Khatti Meethi Kaddu Chana Vegetable
- You need 500 grams of Kaddu (pumpkin) ripe and yellow.
- Prepare 2 of whole red chillies whole red chillies.
- You need 1 inch of long cinnamon stick.
- You need 1 of green cardamom.
- You need 1 of black cardamom.
- You need 2 of cloves.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper corns.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon each of Panch phoran – cumin seeds, fennel seeds,fenugreek seeds.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of mustard seeds, whole coriander seeds,.
- Prepare 1 pinch of asafoetida/heeng.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon or to taste of salt.
- It’s 1/2 cup of boiled kale chane /black chickpeas.
- You need 2 teaspoon of mustard oil.
- You need 2 teaspoon of sugar.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of red chilli powder.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of dry mango powder.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of Garam masala.
P which goes well with Kaddu ki khatti meethi sabji and Aam Panna. Sometimes isme chana dal bhi dalte hai. In every pooja ye sabji banate hai kyo ki isme kida nahi hota. Banarsi khatti meethi kaddu looks so delicious. love it😋😋❤️🙏🙏. khatta Meetha Kaddu- Sweet and sour pumpkin (kaddu) sabzi is a specialty of Rajasthan and Uttar pradesh.
Banarsi Khatti Meethi Kaddu Chana Vegetable instructions
- Chop the pumpkin into 1 inch cubes (no need to peel the skin, if tender).
- Crush the green and black cardamoms just so it remains within the skin and yet the seeds are crushed..
- Heat oil in a deep pan, add the panchphoran seeds and asafoetida and as soon as these splutter, add all the other whole spices..
- Wait till the whole spices pop up, dunk in the pumpkin pieces, red chilli powder, salt and turmeric powder and toss to mix properly..
- Add 2 teaspoons of water and cover and cook for 10 minutes on a low flame, till it becomes soft..
- Add the boiled black chickpeas, dry mango powder, sugar, and garam masala and give a good mix..
- Cover the lid and let it simmer for 2 minutes and then switch off the flame..
- Garnish with coriander leaves and Serve kaddu chane ki sabzi hot with bedmi pooris..
Though pumpkin is used in all states of India to make different types of curries but this khatta meettha kaddu is very different then all other versions. The diversity in soil type, climate, culture, ethnic group and occupations, these cuisines differ from each other mainly due to the use of locally available spices, herbs, vegetables and fruits. To make khatta meetha kaddu you can use either the yellow peel or the green peel pumpkin. If you are using yellow peel pumpkin then you have to remove the hard peel but if you are using the green peel wala pumpkin then it is Moms recipe. Khatti Meethi Kaddu ki sabzi ,Sweet and Sour Pumpkin curry.