Leek and Barley Miso Soup (Macrobiotic). My macrobiotic soup has a medley of mushrooms and wild rice. Leeks give it a lovely flavor, increasing the nutrition too. Barley or brown rice miso produces a soup with deep and savory flavors.
Barley/brown rice, leek and shiitake soup. This soup is one of my all time favourites. Energetically it is particularly great for unlocking Take off the heat and add salt and white miso paste until the soup has your preferred flavour. You can have Leek and Barley Miso Soup (Macrobiotic) using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Leek and Barley Miso Soup (Macrobiotic)
- Prepare 1 of Leek.
- It’s 1 medium of Onion.
- It’s 50 grams of Barley.
- You need 1 of Carrot.
- It’s 1 of Garlic.
- Prepare 4 of cm Kombu.
- Prepare 1 of Miso.
- Prepare 1 of Green onions.
- It’s 1 of Sesame oil.
- You need 500 of ml- Water/vegetable stock.
Sprinkle with spring onions/chives and a drizzle of toasted. For this and many other great macrobiotic recipes visit Clearspring. Miso soup is a kitchen staple in Japan. Everywhere you go you will see people enjoying a bowl of miso soup for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Leek and Barley Miso Soup (Macrobiotic) step by step
- Cut the vegetables into bite-size pieces. Finely chop the garlic..
- In a pot, pour water or vegetable stock with konbu seaweed. Bring to a boil..
- Once it's boiled, add all vegetables, garlic and barley. Simmer over low heat..
- When all ingredients have softened (add water if it has reduced), dissolve the miso..
- Take out the konbu seaweed, finely chop and return to the pot..
- Add a little bit of leek and sesame oil if you like. Done..
Add the miso paste to a small bowl and stir until smooth with a few tablespoons broth, then add to the soup. Rinse leek thoroughly and cut into rings. Add tofu and mushrooms to the soup and simmer a few minutes. Great recipe for Leek and Barley Miso Soup (Macrobiotic). I recently started to make this soup based on the leek miso soup recipe I saw long time ago in the macrobiotic recipe book.