Sweet and Sour Pumpkin/Khatta Meeta Kaddu. khatta Meetha Kaddu- Sweet and sour pumpkin (kaddu) sabzi is a specialty of Rajasthan and Uttar pradesh. Though pumpkin is used in all states of India to make different types of curries but this khatta meettha kaddu is very different then all other versions. Khatta meetha kaddu Recipe with step by step photos – this sweet sour pumpkin is one of the easiest sabzi recipe that is made with kaddu or pumpkin.
Khatta-Meetha Kaddu is usually not appreciated or liked by large percentage of kids. Since it is sweet and sour recipe the sour flavor of this curry comes from green mango but if you don't have green mango in hand you can also use dry mango powder/tamarind pulp or lemon juice. Phalahari Khatta Meetha Kaddu (Kumar), Sweet Sour Pumpkin or vrat ke kaddu sabzi, petha ki sabzi is glutenfree,vegan pumpkin dry curry Sightly sweet and sour we can also have this kaddu sabzi as snack if we wish, apart from yellow pumpkin we can also make this with white pumpkin or petha and. You can have Sweet and Sour Pumpkin/Khatta Meeta Kaddu using 13 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Sweet and Sour Pumpkin/Khatta Meeta Kaddu
- Prepare 750 gms of Kaddu (pumpkin).
- It’s 1 tsp of oil.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of garam masala.
- It’s 1 tsp of methi dana (fenugreek seeds).
- Prepare 1 tsp of cumin powder (jeera).
- It’s 1 tsp of coriander powder (dhania).
- It’s 1 tsp of turmeric (haldi).
- Prepare 1 tsp of chilli powder.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of cinnamon powder (dalchini).
- You need 1-2 tsp of sugar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of mango powder (aamchur).
- It’s as per taste of Salt.
- Prepare as needed of Chopped fresh coriander leaves (hara dhaina) and green chilli for garnish.
This last year when I got to spend a whole lot of time with Ammi (mom), I was reintroduced to pumpkin, a vegetable I loathed in savory preparations as a child and never quite embraced into adulthood. Infact, I was amazed at the voracity with which my siblings looked forward to the lunches that involved. Khatta Meetha Kaddu is a delicious sweet and sour pumpkin recipe. This is one of the easiest recipes you can make using pumpkin or kaddu.
Sweet and Sour Pumpkin/Khatta Meeta Kaddu step by step
- First step(masala paste) – mix all ingredient with water except mango powder (aamchur) and salt. Heat oil.
- Add Methi Dana.
- Add ginger and garam masala.
- Add masala paste and cook for 1 min.
- Add chopped Kaddu.
- Mix and saute well.
- Sprinkle dalchini.
- Add little water and cook for 5-10 min.
- Add Sugar and amchur and cook for another 5-8 min..
- Serve hot and garnish with chilli and coriander.
There are generally two types of pumpkin available in market- one with orange peel and another one with green peel. You may find many recipes of the same using much more ingredients but here we are sharing the strictly traditional recipe of Ambal. So let us begin with the preparation of this appetizing sour and sweet unique dish from the land of Jammu. Mix in the turmeric powder, dry red chillies, and salt. A lovely north Indian pumpkin dish made without onions, garlic and the usual masalas.