Stir fried Pumpkin with Potatoes/Aloo Kumro Chechki. It is a stir fried recipe with potato and pumpkin and traditional bengali spices. When potatoes are half done, add pumpkin and mix well. Add salt, turmeric powder and red chilli powder.
Kumror Chechki is a popular Bengali pumpkin recipe, easy to make. Alu Kumro Chechki is a no onion no garlic Indian To make this kumro tarkari, wash, peel and cut the pumpkin and potatoes into thin slices. Kumror Chechki or pumpkin stir-fry Bengali style is a vegan pumpkin curry, very easy to. You can have Stir fried Pumpkin with Potatoes/Aloo Kumro Chechki using 12 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Stir fried Pumpkin with Potatoes/Aloo Kumro Chechki
- You need 150 gm of pumpkin chopped.
- You need 2 of medium potatoes chopped.
- It’s 1 of onion chopped.
- You need 1/4 tsp of red chilli powder.
- It’s 1 pinch of turmeric powder.
- It’s 3-4 of green chillies.
- It’s To taste of salt.
- It’s to taste of Sugar.
- It’s 1 tbsp of mustard oil.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of nigella.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Fennel.
- You need 1/4 tsp of Fenugreek.
Then add kumro, turmeric powder and salt and mix. Put a lid on and cook on low heat till the kumro and potatoes are done. Other Indian Recipes that you may Like ! Batatachya kees (grated potato stir fry).
Stir fried Pumpkin with Potatoes/Aloo Kumro Chechki step by step
- Peel the outer green portion of pumpkin and slice and chop into sticks.Smear little salt and set aside.Similarly peel the potato and slice into sticks.Chop the onion.Heat oil in a pan and sprinkle kalonji (nigella),sauf (fennel) and methi(fenugreek)seeds.Now fry the chopped onion lightly.Add the chopped potato and little salt and fry in low flame.When the potato is half done,add the chopped pumpkin and toss.Add salt and sugar to taste.Add turmeric,red chilli powder and broken green chillies..
- Cover and let it cook on low flame.If needed a sprinkling of little water may be added or microwave 2 minutes,toss and microwave 1 minute.Serve with any Indian puffed or flat bread..
Bengali Pumpkin Aloo Posto – Stir fry Pumpkin and potatoes with poppy seeds. This Aloo Posto is a classic example of how just a few ingredients can yield a creamy spiced potato dish. A staple in Bengali households and one of my all time favorite recipes. Usually you do not need to add water but check in between and give a good stir. Thai recipe for Stir Fried Pumpkin.