Pumpkin /kaddu Puri. Kaddu Puri is made from Kaddu or Pumpkin, it is a famous kaddu recipe. Pumpkin is considered as a superfood as it boosts vision, helps to give a healthy. In India Kaddu Puri is very famous ( Specially in North India) so here I am sharing the authentic Punjabi recipe of khatta meetha kaddu or puri wala kaddu.
Kaddu ki Poori is another variety of puffed bread that is made with wheat flour and pumpkin puree. Pooris are a favourite among kids and pumpkins add a subtle flavour. The salty pumpkin poori is as soft as a normal poori but tastes like a kachori. You can have Pumpkin /kaddu Puri using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Pumpkin /kaddu Puri
- It’s 1/2 kg of kaddu (pumpkin)small pieces.
- Prepare 2 cups of wheat flour.
- Prepare 1/2 tbs of salt.
- You need 1/2 tbs of red chilli powder.
- Prepare 1/4 tbs of ajwain.
- It’s 1/4 tbs of chilli flakes.
- It’s 1/4 of kalonji.
- You need 2 tbs of oil for moan.
- It’s 1/2 tbs of amchoor powder.
- Prepare 1 cup of water.
- Prepare as needed of Grinded Sugar can be added to mashed pumpkin pulp to sweeten puri.
If you want to prepare special kind of poori on festivals and special occasions, then you can make hot and crispy Red. Pumpkin curry recipe is made with Kaddu. Kaddu ki Sabzi uses Indian spices. Red Pumpkin Simple and easy Kaddu ki sabzi.
Pumpkin /kaddu Puri step by step
- Boil pumpkin in cooker adding little 1cup water with pinch of salt give 2 to 3 whistle.when cools mash it and keep aside.
- Add all the dry masale,oil and mashed pumpkin in wheat flour add first half. knead it and when needed add rest.Knead a little hard dough..Coz pumpkin has water so dough will turn a bit soft after some time.
- Make small balls of dough and roll them to small puris.
- Deep fry them puffed golden brown from both sides.
- Ur yummy crispy pumpkin puris r ready to serve with curd, masaledar aloo and achhar.
Red Pumpkin or Yerra Gummadikaya as its called in Telugu is full of flavor. Pumpkin ( Kaddu ) for High Cholesterol. Pumpkin ( Kaddu in India ) possesses Phytosterol and Omega Fatty Acids. These two nutrients helps to decrease the level of bad Cholesterol. Pumpkin Soup recipe, Kaddu Ka Soup, Indian creamy pumpkin soup.