Kumro Aloo'r Chokka/ Potato Pumpkin Curry. In Bengali Pumpkin is known as Kumro, Kumror Chokka is a delicious vegetarian Indian curry or side dish, can be paired with Indian fried bread Luchi, Poori. After a long break, we are back with our new recipe today. We went to India which is why couldn't upload videos during this last one month.
I had sweet Indian pumpkin, bright, happy, orange in my crisper. See great recipes for Kumro Aloo'r Chokka/ Potato Pumpkin Curry too! When potatoes are half done, add pumpkin and mix well. You can cook Kumro Aloo'r Chokka/ Potato Pumpkin Curry using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Kumro Aloo'r Chokka/ Potato Pumpkin Curry
- You need 200 GM of Pumpkin.
- It’s 2 of Potatoes.
- It’s 2-3 of Parwals.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Paanchforon Indian five spice.
- You need 1 tsp of Cumin powder.
- You need 1 tsp of Turmeric powder.
- You need of Salt and sugar.
- Prepare of Mustard oil.
- You need cup of Black chickpeas -1.
Add salt, turmeric powder and red chilli Serve your Alu Kumro Chechki with luchi, porota(paratha) or even with simple steamed rice and Never tried aloo and sweet pumpkin together in curries, yours look so yum. Here is super wholesome and delicious Bengali dish made from yellow pumpkin and brown chickpeas, packed with flavour from panch phoran masala and spices and cooked in mustard oil. Serve it along with hot steamed rice, topped with ghee along with cholar dal for a wholesome meal. Kumro Chokka is a traditional bengali recipe made out of Kumro or Pumpkin & Aloo or Potato, along with soaked Chola with very.
Kumro Aloo'r Chokka/ Potato Pumpkin Curry instructions
- Soak Black chickpeas in water overnight. Drain out the water and dry roast the chickpeas..
- Put mustard oil in pan. Temper the oil with paanchforon (Indian five spice).
- Chop the veggies- pumpkin, potatoes and parwals into cubes. Wash them thoroughly. Then put it in pan..
- Add salt and turmeric powder (1/2 tsp) in the pan..
- Then add the roasted black chickpeas. Cover with a lid and cook for few minutes..
- Now add the spices- 1 tsp Cumin powder, 1/2 tsp turmeric powder and salt and sugar to taste and mix everything..
- Add water as much needed and cook for few minutes more in low flame. Then take out on a plate and serve..
Pour in ¾ cup water, give it a good stir and cook with a cover on, until the vegetables are done. Stir the curry twice or thrice during this time. Cooking Delight сделал(-а) публикацию в Instagram: "Kumror Chokka (Pumpkin Potato Curry) #pumpkin #vegetablecurry #bengalifood" • Посмотрите все фото и видео @jayeeta_cooking_delight в его/ее профиле. Kumro'r chokka—delicious braised sweet pumpkin and potatoes—Bengali vegetarian recipe: Pujo special. Pumpkin and Potato Curry – Pumpkin Curry – Pumpkin Curry Recipe – Vegetarian Recipe.