Khatta meetha kaddu. khatta Meetha Kaddu- Sweet and sour pumpkin (kaddu) sabzi is a specialty of Rajasthan and Uttar pradesh. Though pumpkin is used in all states of India to make different types of curries but this. Khatta meetha kaddu Recipe with step by step photos – this sweet sour pumpkin is one of the easiest sabzi recipe that is made with kaddu or pumpkin.
The khatta meetha kaddu is quite a popular pumpkin recipe across North India. It is a sattvic style pumpkin sabzi mainly prepared for festive feats. In Northern India, it is popularly known as pethe ki. You can cook Khatta meetha kaddu using 15 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Khatta meetha kaddu
- Prepare 1 kg of yellow pumpkin.
- You need 2 of green chilli.
- It’s 2 of tomatoes.
- You need 2 tbsp of sugar.
- You need 1 tsp of turmeric powder.
- It’s 1 tbsp of red chilli powder.
- You need 1 tbsp of corrinder powder.
- Prepare 2 tsp of mango powder.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
- You need of Tempering.
- Prepare 1 tsp of fenugreek seeds.
- You need 1 tsp of mustard seeds.
- Prepare 1 tsp of jeera.
- You need 1/3 tsp of hing.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of chopped corrinder leaves.
Peel the pumpkin if using the red variety. Ingredients for Khatta Meetha Kaddu Recipe. Khatta Meetha Pahari Kaddu is easy, rustic and delicious minus the usual onions and garlic that you find in most recipes, which means the lovely pumpkin flavour really has a chance to shine. Phalahari Khatta Meetha Kaddu (Kumar), Sweet and Sour Pumpkin, vrat ke kaddu sabzi, petha ki sabzi is easy, slightly sweet, sour and spicy pumpkin dry curry suitable for Navratri fasting or vrat.
Khatta meetha kaddu step by step
- Wash kaddu and remove the seeds and then chop into medium size pieces.
- Heat oil in a pan and add all the seeds of tempering when they start crackling then after few seconds add hing and chopped tomatoes and saute for 5minutes now add red chilli, turmeric, salt corrinder powder and mix well add 2-3tbsp water and saute now add chopped kaddu and mix.
- Now cover the pan with lid and cook on low flame on 15-20 minutes when pumpkin become soft then add mango powder and sugar and mix gently again civer with lid and simmer for 5minutes.
- Now add chopped fresh corrinder and serve with puri and paratha.
Khatta Kaddu Recipe is a daily cuisine of Himachal Pradesh Cuisine. This dish is very easy and can be consumed with anything and everything. This quick & easy Kaddu ki Subzi is just that. Khatta mitha kaddu is a red pumpkin based vegetable recipe with a delectable sweet and sour taste. The khatta meetha kaddu is typically paired with fried puris and enjoyed as breakfast Khatta Meetha (transl.