Kaddu Halwa(pumpkin). Pumpkin or kaddu as we call in hindi, is a veggie that we often use during the Navratri fasting I have shared one more pumpkin halwa recipe that is popular in south India. Its called as Kashi halwa and. Learn how to make halwa kaddu at home.
Ingredients of Kaddu Halwa(pumpkin)
- You need 3 cups of chopped pumpkin.
- It’s 1 cup of milk.
- Prepare 1 cup of ghee.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of sugar or more as per taste.
- You need 2 tablespoons of cashew.
- You need 1 tablespoon of raisins.
- It’s Few of saffron strands.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of cardamom powder.
Pumpkin Halwa is popularly known as kaddu ka halwa. Coconut Pumpkin Halwa, also called as Kaddu ka Halwa is an Indian pumpkin dessert made with pumpkin, sugar Pumpkin is called kaddu or petha in Hindi, hence the name Kaddu ka Halwa. Get a ripe Pumpkin to make Kaddu Halwa. You can also make Pumpkin Halwa from raw Pumpkin.
Kaddu Halwa(pumpkin) instructions
- Cut the pumpkin into pieces..
- Boil them with 1 cup water. and mash them..
- Fry the dry fruits..
- Take ghee in a pan, add the mashed pumpkin..
- Stir in ghee for 5-7 minutes..
- Add milk and cook till milk thickens..
- Add sugar and cover and cook for 15-20 minutes..
- Add dry fruits and green cardamom powder. Add kesar and serve hot..
Pumpkin Halwa or Kaddu Ka halwa is a North Indian dessert which is typically cooked during the festivals or fasting days. This halwa is very simple to make. We can make it just like carrot halwa with. Pumpkin Halwa Recipe is one of the traditional recipes prepared during festival season of Devi Navratri. Many Indians have a belief that one should break their fasting by consuming Kaddu Ka.