Easy Chicken Pot Pie. This homemade chicken pot pie recipe streamlines your work by using frozen mixed vegetables, a can of condensed cream of chicken soup and your "secret ingredient," Original Bisquick™ mix. Rachel Harris from www.managedmoms.com is joining me again this week to show you how to make an easy Chicken Pot Pie. Store-bought rotisserie chicken and puff pastry make these individual chicken pot pies easy to prepare.
This chicken pot pie recipe is loaded with flavor. It's got flaky pie crust and a buttery creamy chicken pot pie filling with chicken breast, a mix of fresh and I initially wanted to make an easy chicken pot pie. So, I started out using refrigerated pie dough, all frozen vegetables, and all dried herbs. You can cook Easy Chicken Pot Pie using 13 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Easy Chicken Pot Pie
- Prepare 3 of chicken breasts, cut into bite sized pieces.
- You need 1 of carrot, peeled and cut up.
- You need 2 of potatoes, chopped.
- You need 1/2 of onion, chopped.
- You need 1/4 can of corn, drained.
- You need 1/4 can of peas, drained.
- Prepare 1 stalk of celery, finely chopped.
- Prepare 2 clove of garlic, minced.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt and pepper.
- You need 3 cup of half and half.
- You need 4 tbsp of all-purpose flour.
- You need 2 tbsp of Olive Oil.
- It’s 2 of Pillsbury roll out pie crusts.
This classic Chicken Pot Pie is filled with tender pieces of chicken, carrot, celery, potato, and herbs. It's so easy, and the chicken is always tender. Next add butter to the pan, and stir it around until it melts. Once the butter has melted completely, add flour Easy Chicken Pot Pie.
Easy Chicken Pot Pie instructions
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Cook and brown chicken breasts.
- In separate pan combine olive oil and veggies, cook until soft.
- Combine chicken and vegetables over heat, sprinkle flour over mixture and let cook for a 2-5 minutes.
- Pour half and half over mixture and cook until it comes to a simmer, stirring frequently..
- Roll pie crust over pie pan, keep the second pie crust aside..
- Fill pie with veggies and chicken mixture then roll second crust over the top and press the edges of both the crusts together.
- Bake in oven for 35 minutes, or until golden brown..
- Let sit for for 10 minutes, serve and enjoy!.
Unfold the pie crust and place over the top of the filling, tucking the excess edges inside the pan. Brush the crust evenly with the egg wash. Making chicken pot pie is easier than you think with these deliciously inspired recipes. Nothing says comfort food like a good, old fashioned homemade chicken pot pie. Move beyond the frozen kind with these fun twists on pot pie, plus a few classics.