Mike's Turkey Pot Pies. This turkey pot pie has a comforting creamy center with an extra-flaky top. If the edges of the pie start to darken faster than the rest of the pie, cover. Leftover Turkey Pot Pies are a great way to use Thanksgiving leftovers like turkey, carrots, onions, celery, even pie crust.
Turkey pot pie is one of my favorite leftover turkey recipes! Made with a creamy turkey filling baked into a pie crust, it is quick and easy to prepare! Surprisingly, the humble pot pie has a colorful history dating all the way back to the Roman Empire when it was a common dish served at royal banquets. You can cook Mike's Turkey Pot Pies using 24 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Mike's Turkey Pot Pies
- It’s 1 of LG Can Pillsbury Grand Biscuits.
- It’s 1 Can (11 oz) of Campbell's Cream Of Chicken Soup.
- Prepare 1 Can (11 oz) of Campbell's Cream Of Mushroom Soup.
- You need 3 Cups of Precooked Shredded Turkey Meat.
- Prepare 1/2 Cup of Half & Half.
- It’s 3/4 Cup of Minced White Onions.
- Prepare 1/2 Cup of Diced Celery [with leaves].
- Prepare 1 of LG Diced Potato [peeled].
- You need 1/2 Cup of Diced Carrots.
- You need 2/3 Cup of Shredded Sharp Cheese.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Minced Garlic.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of Crushed Bay Leaves.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Italian Seasoning.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Dried Thyme.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Powdered Chicken Bouillon [optional – add last after tasting].
- Prepare 1 Can (14 oz) of Low Sodium Chicken Broth.
- It’s 4 oz of Green Beans.
- Prepare 4 oz of Corn.
- Prepare 4 oz of Peas.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of Butter.
- You need of Fresh Parsley [garnish].
- It’s 1 of Pan.
- You need 1 of Pot.
- You need 1 of Oven Safe Bowl.
Instead of tender chicken, beef or turkey baked inside, these historical pot pies were often filled with live birds! Here's an ingenious way to use up leftover Thanksgiving turkey. Topped with a flaky crust and crunchy dressing, these mini pot pies are so tasty, they might rival the You can make these mini pot pies a week in advance. Simply assemble the pot pies, wrap them in plastic wrap or aluminum foil, and store.
Mike's Turkey Pot Pies instructions
- Preheat your oven as per manufactures directions for your biscuits. Usually 350°..
- Small chop your vegetables..
- Add 2 tablespoons butter to a frying pan. Add your celery and onions and sauté until translucent. About 3 to 4 minutes..
- In a seperate pot, whisk your cans of soup and half and half. Then, add your dried seasonings, cheddar cheese, soft canned vegetables and precooked shredded turkey. Heat until hot and cheese has fully melted..
- Add your potatoes and carrots [carrots not pictured – picky eaters today] to your onions and celery and add your 16 ozs chicken broth to pan. Salt and pepper to taste but be careful with the salt. Condensed soups carry a lot of sodium. Cover with a tight fitting lid and allow potatoes and carrots to simmer until soft. About 10 to 12 minutes. Check fluids regularly and stir occasionally. Add water if your broth dissipates too quickly. Once potatoes and carrots have softened – allow the fluid to completely dissipate..
- Add your vegetables to the pot. Mix well. If you'd like to thicken your mixture, just add 2 tablespoons Corn Starch to 1 tablespoon water and slowly add to your simmering pot..
- Place your bubbling mixture in a large oven safe bowl. Or, you can create mini individual pot pies. Sprinkle with fresh parsley. Authors Note: Stuffing at the base of this dish is always appreciated by hungry kids!.
- Place your Grands Biscuits on top of mixture but don't pack them together too tightly. Your mixture will need some room to bubble up. There's also a chance this dish will simmer over so put some tinfoil underneath as a precaution..
- Bake as per manufactures directions or, until biscuits have risen and browned..
Recipe courtesy of Food Network Kitchen. Stir in turkey, parsley and peas. Top with pie crust and brush with egg. I would also make this using chicken and ham together. Here with Jeanette's Turkey Pot Pie, Jeanette has used leftover turkey and made an absolutely delicious meal for her family.