Chocolate Cake with Cream Cheese Icing & Chocolate Shavings. To make the cream cheese frosting, combine the cream cheese and butter, and beat until soft and creamy. To make the icing, using an electric hand mixer, beat all the ingredients together until soft and completely smooth. Spread over the cakes while still soft – first lay one sponge on a board and spread.
A rich chocolate cake with a nutty cream cheese frosting. It's a nice recipe and you will love it! I have made many cakes from scratch and this is the worst cake I have ever tasted. You can cook Chocolate Cake with Cream Cheese Icing & Chocolate Shavings using 7 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chocolate Cake with Cream Cheese Icing & Chocolate Shavings
- Prepare 1 box of pillsbury cake mix.
- You need 1 1/2 cups of water.
- It’s 1/2 cup of oil.
- You need 1/2 cup of sour cream.
- You need 3 of eggs.
- It’s 1 piece of baking chocolate (shaved).
- You need of Homemade or store-bought cream cheese icing.
When the chocolate is glossy and completely melted, remove from the heat and set aside. I am not big on sweetness and I always find myself reducing the amount of icing powder that I use in other recipes. This Swiss chocolate cake is filled and frosted with a luscious, creamy chocolate cream cheese frosting. Swiss Chocolate Cake With Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting.
Chocolate Cake with Cream Cheese Icing & Chocolate Shavings step by step
- Mix everything well, then spray bundt cake pan with oil. Pour in batter using a rubber spatula to scrape..
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes at 350°F..
- Take out and let cool. Then add icing and sprinkle with shaved chocolate..
I've tried it with Chocolate Ganache and Chocolate Cream Cheese frosting. They both pairs well with the cake. I'm posting the recipe for Cream Cheese Icing here, but if you want to have ganache icing, check it out here. If you are looking to make a layered chocolate cake, this is a good recipe. A dark chocolate cake is topped with a cream cheese icing with walnuts and chocolate chips.