Instant Pot Frozen Chicken Breast. Cooking frozen chicken has never been quicker, easier, or more delicious! The Instant Pot has definitely saved my butt a time or two (or ten) 😉. There really is no match for how well boneless chicken breasts come out of that magic pot — especially straight from the freezer!
And Instant Pot frozen chicken tops the list. How to cook frozen chicken in the Instant Pot–Instant Pot Tips. FROZEN CHICKEN IN THE INSTANT POT You can have Instant Pot Frozen Chicken Breast using 3 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Instant Pot Frozen Chicken Breast
- You need 2 of chicken breasts.
- You need 1 cup of chicken broth or water.
- It’s 1 tbsp of all-purpose seasoning or salt and pepper to taste.
Ever since we've published our Chicken Breast Recipe, many A+J Fans have asked if the same Game-Changing Poaching Method would work for cooking frozen chicken breasts in Instant Pot Pressure Cooker. So, here we are with another Instant Pot Test Kitchen Experiment! 🙂. Instant Pot chicken breasts are one of my favorite foods to meal prep for the week. To separate chicken breasts that are frozen together, place them in cool water until the chicken is thawed enough to separate the individual breasts.
Instant Pot Frozen Chicken Breast step by step
- Season chicken breasts on both sides with seasoning or salt and pepper..
- Place trivet in Instant Pot. Pour in chicken broth. Place chicken breasts on trivet. Close lid and turn vent to sealed..
- Cook on Manual High Pressure for 10-15 minutes (see notes). After time is up, let naturally release 5 minutes then Quick Release remaining pressure..
- Serve or use in a recipe that calls for cooked chicken..
Instant Pot frozen chicken breast will last in the refrigerator for five days after it is cooked. This means that you can use this short cut idea for meal prep. Remove chicken from Instant Pot, discard water, then slice each breast with a fork and knife if desired. Frozen Chicken Breasts – make sure they are not stuck-frozen to each other. This is important, as it may not cook uniformly.