Cheesy filled zucchini with quinoa. Add quinoa, egg, garlic, oregano, fresh cheese, and panko crumbs. Season with salt and pepper; mix until thoroughly combined. Heat olive oil in a skillet.
This can be served in Quinoa is a super seed as it makes everything lighter and more nutritious. Serve this quinoa as a side dish or toss with cooked peeled shrimp to make Add zucchini, lemon zest and juice and dill and toss to combine. Serve warm or at room temperature, topped with cheese, if using. You can cook Cheesy filled zucchini with quinoa using 7 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Cheesy filled zucchini with quinoa
- You need 160 g of quinoa or rice.
- Prepare 300 g of minced meat.
- You need 1 of zucchini/courgette.
- It’s 1 of onion.
- It’s 1 of big clove of garlic.
- You need 100 mL of cooking cream (cow or soy).
- You need 150 g of shredded cheese (use whatever cheese you like!).
A cheesy zucchini and quinoa side dish that is super easy to make and it is a great way to use some of the overflowing zucchini in your garden. Bring the quinoa and broth to a boil over medium heat, reduce the heat and simmer covered until the broth has been absorbed and the quinoa is tender. This delicious quinoa and zucchini patty recipe is a wonderful, fiber full way to use zucchini in your next main course. These zucchini quinoa patties, reminiscent of latkes, but without any potatoes, are the perfect family-friendly recipe.
Cheesy filled zucchini with quinoa instructions
- Preheat the oven at 200°C (or 392°F)..
- Shred the onion and crush the garlic to a pulp..
- Cut the zucchini in half and scoop out the inside with a spoon. Cut the insides in small pieces!.
- Spread some olive oil on the outside off the zucchini halves..
- Put olive oil in a hot pan and add the minced meat..
- Add part of the garlic and season to taste. I seasoned with salt, pepper, cayenne pepper and a spice mix containing (ground) paprika, coriander, curcuma, fenegriq, chilli powder, ginger, cumin, cardemom and fennel seeds..
- When half of the minced meat is ready, add the shredded onion and the rest of the garlic. Cook for about 5 minutes..
- Add the zucchini insides, mix and cook for about 3 minutes..
- Add the cooking cream and let it reduce..
- Reduce the heat and add half of the shredded cheese (I use a mix of gouda, emmental and rigatello).
- Stir and adjust seasoning to taste..
- Fill the zucchini with the mixture and add shredded cheese on top to get a nice crust!.
- Put it in the oven for 15 min at 180°C..
- Prepare the quinoa as described on the package. You can add chicken stock to the water to improve the taste!.
- Put everything on a plate and enjoy your meal! Cheers!.
This cheesy zucchini quinoa is a great way to sneak in vegetables to a cheesy comforting dish that everyone will love. Packing something nutritious and healthy for your kids can be worrisome sometimes as they can be very choosy about what they eat. A healthy summer dish, this zucchini quinoa salad is packed full of veggies, is dressed by Alyssa Rimmer. Summer Squash + Zucchini Quinoa Salad with Toasted Pine Nuts. Not only are they high in vitamins A, C, and D, but pine nuts are also filled with healthy.