Lemony scallops with leek, mushrooms and creamy potato purée. Add the leeks, mushrooms and scallops and sprinkle with parsley. Season with salt and pepper to taste. The Chef of our GB Roof Garden Restaurant shares one of the most popular recipes: Grilled scallops with potato leek puree and mushroom broth.
I've never tried it in pasta, I make risotto with leeks often but never creamy pasta…! looks great! Trout with Potatoes, Mushrooms and Truffled Pea Puree. Creamy Mushroom Sauce with Bacon and Thyme – one of the best ways to cook mushrooms! You can cook Lemony scallops with leek, mushrooms and creamy potato purée using 13 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Lemony scallops with leek, mushrooms and creamy potato purée
- Prepare 450 g of potatoes.
- It’s 10 of scallops (or a mix of scallops and shrimp).
- Prepare 4 tbsp of Butter.
- You need 1 of lemon.
- It’s 1 of leek.
- It’s 1 of sjallot.
- It’s 2 cloves of garlic.
- It’s 1 of egg.
- Prepare of Parsley.
- It’s of Salt and pepper.
- It’s of Nutmeg.
- It’s of Tarragon.
- Prepare 1 tsp of fish sauce.
Gluten free and low-carb side dish and/or sauce. Pair sea scallops with a cauliflower and potato purée for an elegant yet weeknight-friendly meal. Tip: Patting the sea scallops dry before cooking helps I think the scallops could have used a bit more flavor, but my family and I enjoyed the cauliflower puree. Very clean, creamy taste with a slight kick.
Lemony scallops with leek, mushrooms and creamy potato purée instructions
- Peel the potato and was twice with cold water. Put in a pot with cold salted water and bring to a boil..
- Shred the sjalot, cut the mushrooms and the leek and press the garlic cloves..
- Heat a big pan with oil or butter and add the mushrooms. Cook untill they start releasing moisture..
- Then add the leek, season with fish sauce, tarragon, salt and pepper. Cook untill ready..
- In a smaller hot pan, add 1tbsp of butter and put in the scallops (and shrimp)..
- Fry on 1 side till it gets a nice crust, then flip over and do the same. Remove from the pan and add 2tbsps butter to the pan..
- Add the sjalot, lemon zest and garlic..
- When the sjalot is done, you add the lemon juice and the parsley..
- Add the scallops and coat them in your sauce..
- The potatoes should be ready by now. Remove the water and add 1 tbsp of butter and 1 raw egg to the potatoes and mix into a puree. Season with pepper, salt and nutmeg..
- Everything is done now, put everything on a plate and enjoy your meal!.
If it hasn't already been removed, peel off the tough strip of muscle on the side of each scallop. Pat the scallops dry with paper towels and season them generously on both sides with salt. The pea purée is quite soft, so it doubles up as a sauce. You can make the pea purée before your guests arrive and then the scallops, which are flavoured with only a little cumin and salt Season the scallops with a little cumin and salt. When the potatoes are tender, remove the pan from the heat and puree it's contents with the Creamy Potato Leek Soup.