Low fat blueberry scones. Blueberry scones, warm right out of the oven make the perfect Sunday morning breakfast along with a hot cup of tea. These tender, moist scones, studded with juicy blueberries, are wonderful warm out of the oven. The aroma of fresh blueberry goodness filled my home as they baked.
Ingredients of Low fat blueberry scones
- You need 1/2 cup of all purpose flour.
- You need 3/4 teaspoon of baking powder.
- Prepare 1/8 teaspoon of baking soda.
- You need 1/8 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 2.25 teaspoons of sugar (I used maple sugar).
- It’s 1/3 cup of non fat yoghurt.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- It’s 1/4 cup of blueberries (fresh or frozen).
- Prepare 3/4 teaspoons of sugar (for topping).
So, I ventured out to try the recipe (with a few of my own adaptations). I was amazed at the result. For being low fat this scone is light, fluffy, moist and not dense at all. NOTE: I make these scones using the "Bisquick Heart Healthy" lower fat product, but the nutrition content stated is for Standard Bisquick.
Low fat blueberry scones instructions
- Preheat oven to 400 F (conventional oven)..
- Mix dry ingredients..
- Mix wet ingredients into dry and stir to incorporate..
- Fold blueberries into dough..
- Flour a silicone baking mat, add dough, and separate into two portions. Add some flour on top of dough if the dough is too wet. Slightly flatten and dust with remaining sugar..
- Bake about 16-18 minutes or until golden brown..
- Allow to cool, but also excellent served warm..
In a large bowl, gently toss Bisquick Mix, sugar and blueberries. Cut butter into mixture of flour, sugar. Blueberry scones are a quick and easy breakfast pastry recipe. Since there's no yeast, they go from the I made these scones over the weekend – followed the recipe exactly (used full fat coconut milk). They were (past tense because they are long gone) amazing.