Pork Dumplings ☆ Steamed & Fried Gyoza. Steamed Vegetable Dumplings, fun to make and easy to steam. BETTER THAN TAKEOUT – Chinese Steamed Pork Buns baozi Recipe [鲜肉包子]. Line a bamboo steamer or vegetable steamer with any remaining cabbage leaves.
Pork dumplings, or jiaozi, are the quintessential dish of Lunar New Year celebrations, which usually occur in late January or February. Fragrant garlic, fresh ginger and toasted sesame oil give these steamed pork dumplings the addictive flavor you crave. It's probably pretty clear by now that I adore every type of Asian food. You can cook Pork Dumplings ☆ Steamed & Fried Gyoza using 11 ingredients and 27 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Pork Dumplings ☆ Steamed & Fried Gyoza
- You need of <Skins>.
- You need 400 g of All purpose flour.
- Prepare 200 g of Warm Water.
- Prepare of <Filling>.
- Prepare 250 g of Ground Pork.
- Prepare 4 leaves of Cabbage.
- Prepare 4 pc of Scallions.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Grated Ginger★.
- It’s 2 Tbsp of Oyster Sauce★.
- It’s 1 Tbsp of Soy Sauce★.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Sesame Oil★.
Discard the water and mix the dry cabbage with the pork until well combined. Chill until ready to make the dumplings. Sprinkle a baking sheet lightly with Place a steaming rack in the wok. Be the first to review this recipe.
Pork Dumplings ☆ Steamed & Fried Gyoza instructions
- Let's make the dumpling skins first! Put the flour & warm water into the large size bowl and blend together. (I'm using a stand mixer.).
- Cover it with plastic wrap and rest few hours in room temperature..
- During the dough is resting, make the filling..
- Chop the cabbage..
- Cook it about 5 minutes..
- Drain and soak it in cold water, then lightly squeeze out the water..
- Combine grand pork, cabbages, chopped scallions into the large bowl..
- Add the ★ ingredients, oyster sauce, soy sauce, grated ginger, sesame oil..
- Mix well. (I mix it with 4 chopsticks.) Cover with plastic wrap and rest in the fridge..
- Go back to make skin! Cut dough for 4 pieces..
- Roll out.
- Cut 10 pieces each, so total 40 skins..
- Make flat circle shape. In the middle a little thick..
- Put the filling on the skin..
- Seal well..
- First I'll make steamed dumplings..
- Cook them with boiled water 5 minutes..
- Serve it with chicken soup..
- Second, make fried dumpling..
- Add 1.5 Tbsp coconut oil into a frying pan and put in the gyoza dumplings. Heat up a frying pan over medium heat and cook few minutes..
- Turn the heat up to the maximum level, add 1 cup water and cover with a lid. Turn the heat down to medium-high and steam-cook for 3 minutes..
- The lid off to let any remaining moisture evaporate. Once the moisture is gone, cook for another minute to brown the dumplings. Leave the heat set to medium-high..
- Eat with dipping sauce, Ponzu sauce & Ra-yu. If you don't have Ponzu, you can use soy sauce & vinegar..
- Also I made some dumplings for my dog. Filling are ground pork and celery only. (not flavored).
These dumplings are stuffed with a savory pork and scallion filling then steamed to perfection. The dipping sauce is salty and sweet with a just a hint of chili oil. The Best Filling for Steamed Dumplings. I love my dumplings filled with ground pork and some shrimp. Most Chinese dumplings are made with pork only, but since I love shrimp, I added some shrimp.