Curried Gyoza Dumplings. This Japanese Gyoza recipe is my mothers', and it's a traditional, authentic recipe. Gyoza is deliciously addictive and my mother's version is pretty amazing. It's also super easy to make.
The dumplings are crispy on the outside while the chicken is tender and juicy on the inside. A pillowy and tender pan-fried Shrimp Gyoza Recipe served with a fiery Szechuan spicy sauce. Easy, delicious and way better than takeout! You can have Curried Gyoza Dumplings using 10 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Curried Gyoza Dumplings
- You need 100 grams of Ground pork.
- You need 100 grams of Onion.
- You need 1 tbsp of ● Oyster sauce.
- You need 1 tsp of ● Soy sauce.
- It’s 1 tsp of ● Grated ginger.
- It’s 2 tsp of ● Curry powder.
- It’s 1 of ● Salt and pepper.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Vegetable oil.
- You need 1 of for decoration Green beans, green peas, green pepper, parsley, corn kernels, etc..
- You need 15 small of Gyoza skins.
Gyoza dumplings are the Japanese version of the Chinese "jiaozi" dumplings. Like regular dumplings, they consist of vegetables with a choice of meat with a thin dough wrapping. Gyoza are dumplings stuffed with a savory filling of ground meat and veggies. The key to perfect gyoza lies Homemade gyoza is easy and delicious.
Curried Gyoza Dumplings step by step
- Finely chop the onion. Put the onion, meat, and ● ingredients in a plastic bag. Massage and mix together..
- Cut off one corner of the bag and squeeze on the gyoza skin. This avoids getting your hands dirty..
- Take about 1 tablespoon of the mixture and place in the center of the gyoza skin. Fold in as in the photo above. It looks good with the meat showing in the center..
- Like this. You could make a large batch and freeze them for later use..
- Spread some oil on a frying pan. Align the dumplings with the folded ends facing down, and turn the heat on..
- When browned, flip them over (add oil if needed). Add some water and steam-fry..
- Remove the lid after a while, and brown the other side..
- It looks cute if you decorate the center. I used green beans here. For bentos..
Learn how to make traditional pork gyoza (Japanese dumplings). This pork gyoza recipe for Japanese dumplings is packed with juicy pork, cabbage and spring onion. The famous Japanese gyoza are crescent-shaped dumplings that have originated from the traditional Chinese jiaozi dumplings. The recipe was slightly altered to accommodate the Japanese taste. Juicy on the inside, crispy and golden brown on the outside, this Gyoza recipe serves up Japanese pan-fried dumplings.