Creamy brussel sprouts with bacon. Creamy Bacon Brussels Sprouts with Mozzarella are so irresistible. Bacon and Brussels Sprouts are such a classic ingredient combination! Creamy Garlic Parmesan Brussels Sprouts & Bacon Will Become Your New Favourite Way To Eat Brussels Spouts!
This one skillet Brussel Sprouts dish might be for you. I've made these Cheesy Creamy Brussel Sprouts With Bacon many times and it is time to finally share the recipe with you. It involves minimal ingredients and prep work. You can have Creamy brussel sprouts with bacon using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Creamy brussel sprouts with bacon
- Prepare 1 pound of brussel sprouts.
- You need 1 cup of heavy cream or half and half.
- It’s 8 slices of bacon.
- It’s 2 TBS of Dijon mustard.
- Prepare 1 cup of grated Parmesan cheese.
- It’s 1 tsp of minced garlic.
- Prepare 1/8 teaspoon of nutmeg.
- You need to taste of Salt and pepper.
You still think you don't like Brussels sprouts? Brussels sprouts and bacon in a creamy parmesan sauce. Sometimes all you need is a quick glance at the recipe ingredients to decide what to cook next. How about this: Brussels sprouts, bacon, cheese, more cheese?
Creamy brussel sprouts with bacon step by step
- Cook the brussel sprouts according to the package (I actually used the steam fresh microwaveable ones. I would use 2 bags instead of one. Or either half the cream sauce).
- If using fresh bacon. Cook your bacon and remove from pan (I used bacon drippings I had in the fridge and some real bacon pieces, just heat the bacon dripping in a pan).
- Sauté the brussel sprouts in the bacon dripping for a couple minutes.
- In a separate bowl mix the cream (I used half and half because it’s what I had), Dijon mustard, garlic(I used the kind in the jar), nutmeg, salt and pepper, and half of the Parmesan cheese. Mix til blended.
- Spray a pan with nonstick spray and add the brussel sprouts. Pour the cream sauce over the top and add your bacon (I used real bacon pieces because I was too lazy to make the bacon) then too with the remaining Parmesan cheese.
- Bake in the oven at 400 for 15 to 20 minutes or until the sauce is thickened some.
Most recipes for bacon-wrapped Brussels sprouts call for holding everything together with toothpicks, but we skip that step. Trim the stem ends from the Brussels sprouts, and halve lengthwise. These brussels sprouts will quickly become a go-to side dish in your rotation! I love bacon and brussel sprouts so just wanted to see how others prepared it. Garlic seems a natural addition just wondering why it wasn't included in the directions.??