Brined Baked Potato. Baked potatoes come together faster in a multi-cooker, quickly brining them in saltwater flavors the spuds and gives them a tasty crust. Wash the potatoes under cold water to rinse off dirt, chemicals and other sediments on the surface of the vegetables. The jacket-style potatoes and the brined potatoes, however, required more time and attention than Kitchn's.
But that method is not likely to yield the perfect, fluffy potato you desire. Instead, I tried simply wetting the raw. Here we brine the potatoes before baking them. You can have Brined Baked Potato using 4 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Brined Baked Potato
- Prepare of Russet Potatoes.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of water (Warm).
- You need 2 Tbs of Sea Salt.
- It’s as needed of Vegetable oil.
We don't know why this works, but brined potatoes seem to turn out fluffier inside. And of course, baking the potatoes in a ceramic charcoal cooker will. Learn how to make baked potatoes with this simple step-by-step video tutorial and baked potato recipe. These baked potatoes are crispy on the outside, soft and fluffy on the inside, and SO delicious.
Brined Baked Potato instructions
- Using a fork. Poke several hole deep into potato..
- Add water and salt in a bowl and stir until salt is dissolved. Roll each potato in the brine to cover thoroughly. Place on a wire rack..
- Bake at 450°F for 1 hour. Remove from oven. They will have a slight white tint of salt on them..
- Brush potatoes with oil and place back in over for 15 more minutes and the skin becomes crispy. I switch to convection at this time for an extra crispy skin. Cut open immediately for steam to escape so potato stays fluffy..
Why dine out when you can easily make your favorite steakhouse Loaded Twice Baked Red Potatoes. These mini-versions of your favorite comfort food make great. Put the potatoes at the top of the oven—straight on the rack, not a baking tray. Wash potato (or potatoes) thoroughly with a stiff brush and cold running water. The tastiest baked potatoes are cracker-like on the outside and super fluffy on the inside.