Szechuan Peppered Chicken Casserole. Sichuan pepper (Chinese: 花椒; pinyin: huājiāo) (also Szechuan pepper, Szechwan pepper, Chinese prickly ash, Chinese pepper, rattan pepper, and mala pepper). Chicken is stir-fried with red bell pepper and sugar snap peas and served over rice in this Szechuan-inspired dish perfect for a weeknight. All Reviews for Szechuan Chicken, Peppers, and Peas on Rice.
Szechuan cuisine is known for using strong flavors and especially Szechuan peppercorns, which have a very distinct and have a numbing effect. We recommend using them in this dish, but if you can't find. So what is the Szechuan Peppercorn? You can have Szechuan Peppered Chicken Casserole using 11 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Szechuan Peppered Chicken Casserole
- It’s 3 of Small Chicken Breasts.
- Prepare 2 of Medium Carrots chopped Chunky.
- It’s 1/2 of White Onion.
- Prepare 1/2 Cup of White Wine.
- You need 1/2 Cup of frozen peas.
- Prepare 1 Tsp of Black Cracked Pepper.
- It’s 1/2 Tsp of Szechuan Peppercorns.
- It’s 2 of Chicken stock Cubes.
- Prepare 1 of lt of boiling Water mix stock cubes into this.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of Salt.
- You need 360 g of Of New Potatoes small.
What does the Szechuan Pepper do? I found out after a recommended order of Fish in Special sauce at a authentic Chinese. Soeos Authentic Szechuan Grade A Red Sichuan Peppercorns. Sichuan peppercorns' unique aroma and flavour is not hot or pungent like black, white You may call it Sichuan peppercorn or Szechuan peppercorn and can also be spelt as Szechwan.
Szechuan Peppered Chicken Casserole instructions
- Chop Chicken into Chunky squares, chop Carrots, onions.
- Pour the Wine into a saucepan bring to the boil and let it boil for 2 minutes.
- Add the onions to the boiling wine and simmer for another minute add all the ingredients and bring to the boil.
- Stir and mix then add to Casserole dish bring to boil then turn low for 1-2 hours add 2 heaped Tsp of corn starch/flour to thicken slightly.
- When cooked add to serving bowl and garnish with more black Pepper, lovely on cold nights.
Szechuan chicken is a popular dish originated in the province of Sichuan in China. This restaurant style sichuan chicken is the best you can make. Sichuan peppercorn give a characteristic unique flavor to the Szechuan chicken. But if you don't have just replace it with coarsely crushed pepper. Here's what you need: corn starch, salt, rice wine, white pepper, soy sauce, scallion, ginger, chicken thighs, vegetable oil, szechuan peppercorn, red chilis, dried red chilis, ginger, scallion, peanuts, sugar, rice wine, sesame oil, scallion.