Chicken in Szechuan Peppercorn Sauce. Steamed chicken in green pepper sauce uses fresh green pepper & Sichuan peppercorns. Enough amount of pepper oil is the key to the success of this dish. Szechuan chicken is a delicious and flavourful dish made by tossing chicken in spicy, sour, hot & tongue tickling Sichuan sauce.
Although there are green Szechuan peppercorns To make Szechuan chicken, start by marinating the chicken in soy sauce, dry sherry or Shaoxing wine, salt, pepper, and cornstarch, and let it sit. Sichuan Peppercorn Chicken: Follow the step by step guide to make the most famous and delicious hot chicken Sichuan peppercorn(花椒huajiao In Chinese) sometimes also short as Sichuan pepper or Szechuan Cook the chicken In a large pot, add scallion, ginger, Sichuan peppercorn and water. You can have Chicken in Szechuan Peppercorn Sauce using 20 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chicken in Szechuan Peppercorn Sauce
- You need 350 g of Chicken Meat (skinless, deboned).
- You need of Marinade;.
- You need 1 Tbsp of Soy Sauce.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Rice Vinegar.
- It’s 1 tsp of Cornflour.
- You need of Sauce (mix well in a bowl);.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Chicken Stock.
- You need 1 Tbsp of Soy Sauce.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Sugar.
- You need 1 tsp of Cornflour.
- Prepare of Frying;.
- You need 20 g of Garlic (chopped).
- It’s 1 Tbsp of Szechuan Peppercorn.
- Prepare 6 of Dried Chilies (sliced, deseeded).
- It’s 1 Tbsp of Chilli Oil.
- It’s 1 tsp of Sesame Oil.
- It’s 2 Tbsp of Cooking Oil (stir frying).
- You need as needed of Cooking Oil (deep frying).
- Prepare of Garnish;.
- Prepare of Spring Onions (sliced).
Amazing and Authentic Szechuan Sauce Recipe! Use as a flavorful stir-fry sauce for veggies or noodles, or as a flavorful marinade for tofu, chicken, shrimp or beef! Whether you add the Szechuan peppercorns or not, the Szechuan Sauce is still delicious and worth making so I hope you give it a try. You may call it Sichuan peppercorn or Szechuan peppercorn and can also be spelt as Szechwan.
Chicken in Szechuan Peppercorn Sauce instructions
- Cut the chicken into bite size pieces and marinade with soy sauce, vinegar and corn flour for 30 minutes..
- When ready, deep fry the chicken until brown and set aside..
- In a wok add Chilli Oil, Sesame Oil and 1 Tbsp Cooking Oil and heat it on high heat. Fry the garlic and the Szechuan Peppercorn, and dried chilli until fragrant (10 seconds)..
- Then add our sauce mixture and bring to a boil. Once it reaches boiling, turn down the heat to low and cook until sauce thickens..
- Once sauce has thickened to your desired consistency, add the chicken and mix well. Serve on a plate and garnish with green onions..
Note that, this peppercorn is not at all related to the This product is best for your sauces and soups although some people use it even for chicken, fish and meat dishes. It still has its tingly numbing. Szechuan Chicken is a delicious Chinese dish with the perfect combination of spicy, salty and For the signature ingredient Szechuan Peppercorns, I toast them in the wok together with dried red How to make authentic Szechuan Chicken. Make the marinade: Combine soy sauce, rice wine vinegar. Szechuan chicken comes from the region of Sichuan in China and is meant to be pretty spicy.