Cabbage Roll Tied w/ Seaweed. Crispy Cabbage Seaweed Recipe (Chinese Style Cooking). Cabbage rolls stewed with meat and vegetables in pan on dark wooden background. Welcome to Sleaford Chinese Cooking Class.
Take the edge nearest you Take an onion leaf and use it to tie the cabbage roll. Repeat until all the cabbage leaves are stuffed and tied. In a large cooking pot, bring the broth to a boil. You can have Cabbage Roll Tied w/ Seaweed using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Cabbage Roll Tied w/ Seaweed
- You need leaf of Cabbage.
- Prepare strips of Seaweed.
- Prepare 250 g of ground chicken.
- It’s of Red onion.
- You need 5 of minced dry mushrooms.
- It’s of Black pepper.
- It’s of Soy.
- Prepare of Flour.
- Prepare of Sauce.:shallots,grated garlic, oyster sauce, flour.
Cabbage Roll is ground meat stuffed in cabbage leaves and cooked in seasoned soup. It is one of the most popular western-style Japanese foods of all The origin of Cabbage Roll is Europe but it came to Japan a long time ago. Roll cabbage around the filling like a jelly roll. Place onto a shallow bowl or casserole dish.
Cabbage Roll Tied w/ Seaweed step by step
- Remove the middle part of cabbage, the hard part. Then boil water in a pot, submerge cabbage until the leaf drop off. Then place in a cool water. Then drain it..
- Marinate chicken with a little flour, half tsp soy, minced mushroom and onion.Mix well until all are properly combined. Let it sit for 15 to 30 mins.
- Take one cabbage left lay flat and scoop 1 tsp meat mixture. Place in cabbage and roll it. Tie with seaweed..
- Boil water in a steamer then place the rolled cabbage inside and steam for 30 mins..
- While steaming cook the sauce. Stir fry grated onion and garlic then add flour diluted in water, oyster sauce and sesame oil. Keep stirring until sticky.Arrange cabbage roll in a plate then scoop sauce and pour it on top. Serve.
Here you are: Chinese steamed cabbage rolls filled with pork and mushroom. Mix the filling which contains minced meat (pork, beef or chicken), shiitake mushrooms & seasonings. Wrap the filling with cabbage leaves then tie with carrot strips. "This is a quick and easy main dish. My kids don't even like cabbage, but they love this. I usually try to serve it with green beans, new potatoes, corn, and a pan of corn bread.